NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wonder if anybody here has this problem. I hear it only in 1st and 2nd gear at certain low RPM range when the motor is under a load. Noise developed at around 3500 miles, My car currently has a lil bit less than 6K miles.

For example: Startup in the morning, put it in reverse, back out of driveway, Put it in 1st and ease off the clutch and modulate the gas at around 1K-1.5K rpms and car would start to move forward. I then hear this sound.. Like a very faint "GRRRRRRRoooaaaaaGG"(say it exactly like that) when I'm applying gas, it immediately goes away when the car starts moving faster and RPMs are at 2-2.5K and above.

Okay another scenerio: I turn into a parking lot and i'm traveling at around 10 MPH, I slow down for a speed bump, and I modulate my speed over it slowly and put a little bit of load on the motor at low RPMS to go over the speedbump, again I hear it. I can hear it also if I'm at low RPM's in 2nd gear, like around 2K. I know the difference between pinging and other normal noises, this is definitely not one of them. Sounds like something is either lose on my exhaust system, or an engine mount maybe? Anybody else experience this noise?

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
do you hear it if you give it more gas when you take off.
like in first taking off and giving it over 2000rpm.
i noticed a noise on a lot of celica's that if they start to go in the low 1000rpm range it will make a weird noise.
do you have anymore pics of your hid's?:)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
X-evil, yeah when i'm at around low 1K rpms and I give it gas under load it will make that noise all the way till about 2K then goes away. Anyways, I made a cool vid of my HID's warming up and going through the leveling stage, going up to the max and down. Its pretty cool, I just need to find a host =)

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
i think its clutch chatter...i dunno why but mine does it too. My friend with a 2.5 RS has clutch chatter pretty bad too, and we are both on stock clutches as well.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
RevHappyGTS said:
X-evil, yeah when i'm at around low 1K rpms and I give it gas under load it will make that noise all the way till about 2K then goes away. Anyways, I made a cool vid of my HID's warming up and going through the leveling stage, going up to the max and down. Its pretty cool, I just need to find a host =)
if you need me to host your picture, i will galdly host it for you, :) let me know. you can send those pictures or videos to [email protected]

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Its just gear/diff noise. I though I had a problem just like your and got an entire new tranny, same noise, then I drove a couple buddies celicas and they make the same noise.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Do you have a CAI or no filter in you stock intake. I think i had that problem too but i just needed to let the car warm up inda morning or at least rev it a couple of time b4 driving it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
VoodooGTS said:
RevHappyGTS do u go to DeVry University?
Nope, I don't go there, is there someone there with a white action package?

TRDcelicaGT said:
Do you have a CAI or no filter in you stock intake. I think i had that problem too but i just needed to let the car warm up inda morning or at least rev it a couple of time b4 driving it
I have an AEM CAI but this noise developed before I put it on, I noticed that if its warmed up its not as loud, oh wellz, thanks guys I guess I feel a lil better now and i'll just have to live with it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have the exact same noise. I am pretty sure it's the hood release cable rattle. There is a TSB for it and when the weather gets better, I am going to tighten it up.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've had this problem for the longest time, developed around 3500 miles like yours then continued on until about 8k. i now have a lil over 10k and it went away. thank goodness, not sure how or why it went away but it jsut did. but on my way home today from work i started hearing it again. bad sign. =/

·
Registered
397 Posts
yeah at devry celica like yours go there with same rims.

RevHappyGTS said:

Nope, I don't go there, is there someone there with a white action package?

I have an AEM CAI but this noise developed before I put it on, I noticed that if its warmed up its not as loud, oh wellz, thanks guys I guess I feel a lil better now and i'll just have to live with it.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Same thing happens to me. I hear it whenever my car is around 1500 rpms or lower and it goes away when you put more gas. I had it for a while and I don't know what causes it.

·
Registered
654 Posts
VoodooGTS said:
yeah at devry celica like yours go there with same rims.

those rims are off his old GSR..... GSR's are 4 lug....... what the hell.
its photochoped.lol

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Repair Procedure
Front Roof Headlining Rattle Noise
To eliminate the rattle noise from the front roof headliner (around the map light):
ZOOM SIZED FOR PRINT
ZOOM SIZED FOR PRINT
1. Lower front of headliner. (Please refer to 2000 MY Celica Repair Manual pages BO-88 to BO-90.)
2. Wrap two urethane sponge pieces 70 mm x 30 mm x 3 mm and 40 mm x 15 mm x 5 mm to the sliding roof motor connector and
wire as shown.
3. Reassemble the vehicle in the reverse order of disassembly.
ZOOM SIZED FOR PRINT
Page 1 of 6
Sliding Roof Rattle Noise
To eliminate the rattle noise from the sliding roof area:
Back Door Front Left Area Rattle Noise
To eliminate the rattle noise from the back door front left area:
ZOOM SIZED FOR PRINT
1. Remove sliding roof glass.
2. Remove 7 clips on the sliding roof glass.
3. Make and install felt washers (ID: 7 mm, OD: 14 mm, Thickness: 0.5 mm) under clips or replace all 7 clips with part number
90467-07152-CO as shown.
ZOOM SIZED FOR PRINT
Page 2 of 6
Wrap a urethane sponge piece 40 mm x 10 mm x 2 mm to the center stop light connector as shown.
Back Door Trim Rattle Noise
To eliminate the rattle noise from the back door trim:
ZOOM SIZED FOR PRINT
ZOOM SIZED FOR PRINT
1. Remove back door trim.
ZOOM SIZED FOR PRINT
ZOOM SIZED FOR PRINT
2. Add 8 pieces of felt (see table) to the back door trim as shown.
Page 3 of 6
Package Tray Trim Rattle Noise
To eliminate the rattle noise from the package tray:
L: W: T:
Felt 1 32mm 1Omm 1mm
Felt 2 35mm 1Omm 1mm
Felt 3 33mm 19mm 1mm
Felt 4 115mm 1Omm 1mm
ZOOM SIZED FOR PRINT
ZOOM SIZED FOR PRINT
ZOOM SIZED FOR PRINT
Page 4 of 6
Add felt to the package tray trim until there is no clearance between back door trim and stopper of the package tray trim as shown.
Luggage Compartment Rattle Noise around Tie-down Hook (for vehicles without Deck Floor Box)
To eliminate the rattle noise from the tie - down hook in the luggage compartment:
Tap the head of the tie-down hook bolts lightly with a rubber hammer.
Buzz Noise from Instrument Panel
(Hood Lock Control Cable)
ZOOM SIZED FOR PRINT
ZOOM SIZED FOR PRINT
ZOOM SIZED FOR PRINT
Page 5 of 6
To eliminate the buzz noise from the left side instrument panel:
ZOOM SIZED FOR PRINT
1. Pull the outer casing of the hood lock control cable as shown until the stopper bottoms on the grommet.
ZOOM SIZED FOR PRINT
2. Add tape to the cable housing as shown to prevent cable from being pulled back.
Page 6 of 6

1 - 20 of 48 Posts