NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have a variety of problems with my 00 Celica.
The belt has been squeeling really bad, my sunroof is peeling, my seats are ripping and my fog light is loose, so I took a day off and took her in. I have over 50k miles on the car so I knew they were going to say Im out of luck. I talked to the service manager first and told him my concerns about a 3 year old car having all these problems and about "toyota quality". He said he will let me know what he will do later. Well when I went to pick up the car the bill was only 23$ for the oil change. They wont fix the sunroof (325$) or the fog light (350$) or the seats (600$) but they fixed the belt tensioner (thank god). He said there problems with it and since i have had alot of service done there he covered it at no charge (350$).

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Have you used any type of chemical cleaner on the inside part of the sunroof? Some people have said that degrades the tint on it and causes it to peel or spider.

To repair the fog light, just take off your bumper (check my sig's " Grill Installation Instructions"), and tighten the screw on each side of the fog light.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Boo fukking hoo. I had to pay to have my tensioner replaced. Fog light loose? I've had my bumper off 5+ times on my car doing maintenance or what not, if you can replace the bulb you can tighten your fog light. Seats torn up? Every car I've seen has wear at the outer edge of the seat on the driver's side. Sunroof issues? Most people didn't/don't know it's polycarbonate not glass. Some things are safe on glass but not on polycarbonate. I thought the sunroof was glass at first and cleaned it as such.

I have 60K miles on my car and these are things I expect on a car that's been driven and used. My car has never failed to start, and runs reliably... and I take excellent care of my car and do most of the maintenance myself. My car squeaks more than it did (imagine that).

Maybe you should've leased a car.

·
Registered
290 Posts
well F35-JSF i have 60k on mine and the only problem i had was the belt tensioner about 30k ago which was fixed. It seems worse then it is because you only see the ppl on here that have problems you dont see the far greater number of ppl that dont have them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.