NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know, my father had been critically ill for some months and recently passed away (save your tears this isn't that kind of story). This has consistently made me a weekend resident of the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. I had recently been considering joining Strictly Celica and hanging out with those guys while I was down there. So I began asking a series of questions about what they were all about, what their formal positions were, why the charged dues, what those dues are for, how people benefit, how do you prevent fraud, etc. Through the course of these questions I believed that I had established a rapport with the President of the club, blitz_gts and even recommended we share a beer and discuss the Celica Universe in general. What I just learned was how woefully mistaken I was about the character of the "headshed" running the organization. Below I am posting the text of the last PM that passed between he and I. The upper bit is his the lower is mine:

we at meet my military circle mall between 7-8. theres directions and a map in the club info section.
i do have a couple questions for you now though. why are you considering joining strictlycelica? it doesnt seem like you agree too much about how we do things. especially about having our own site. on the NC boards you think we should come there. also, not sure how to handle the fact that you're also dcm. not saying you're not a trust worthy person, but we have a few "secrets" of things we're working on. and it is a concern that you'd tell them what we have going on. i know it sounds stupid. and you're probably thinking we're immature about it.
Ok, this is the single most immature thing I have ever heard of. Just for kicks , how old are you? If you are this exclusive, and by the way I know that your constituency does not unanmiously agree with that view, then you're right. I don't want a damn thing to do with you, specifically.
The idea that I don't agree with how you do things is a very silly conclusion to draw, as I know very little about who you are, what you do, or the processes by which you do any of those things. I don't agree with the the NEED for an additional website for the reasons that I have enumerated time and time again. Sa' La Vie.
My initial thoughts about joining SC were predicated by the fact that I now spen my weekends in the Hampton Roads region and I naively thought that it would be a good idea to hook up with the local Celica crowd in the region. Heretofore, I believed we were all of a like mind with a common bond. You have certainly justified a significant shift in this preconception for me. I cannot imagine what "SECRET" things you have going on and unless you are plotting terrorist activities, I can't imagine why anyone else would particularly care. You seem to have some obtuse notion of a perceicved hierarchy in which you seek to achieve a higher station. That is troublesome and smacks of insecurity. I am priveleged to say that I have yet to run across this attitude in anyone else in the Celica communityand I certainly hope that you remain in a very narrow minority.
I apologize for taking up any of your clearly valuable time. I will trouble you no more with my unwelcome invasions of Free Thought.
I intend to post these comments in the DCM Forum so that the entire body may see what has been discussed here and to squelch any rumors that could arise from them. Have a good day, sir.

·
Registered
19,933 Posts
Hey J, stop gettin' all up in their business! :angry:

If they want to build the best fort ever, that's their right! :chuckles:

Really, this rift that seems to be forming between StrictlyCelica and DCM is ridiculous. Who's better? Who's worse? Who runs meets better? Who cares?

I'm sure a bunch of those guys are cool, and maybe they can hang out in a non-club Celica-appreciating capacity. If that's against club rules or something, let them have their No Homers club.

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
:wtf: Not to be a D1ck but......that is preaty funny......."Secrets" Like are you making cool T-shirts? or have a secret handshake?

Come on guys........DCM is one of the best clubs that I have ever met and been a part of........they are like family here and have welcomed me with open arms (They even gave me one of their women :gap:) I dont know why other Clubs cant be just chill and welcome people if they want to join.......

slava

·
Registered
678 Posts
i'm not really going to care about this expierence too much. you came to me. i didnt ask you to hang out with us. i gave you info of how we do things different, with you not replying about dcm in any way. we know we're different from you, thats it. you treat strictlycelica like if you join then you're commited for life, as if its such a big deal. in the end we're just having fun. we're trying to get along with dcm, we want to. but you alone may just have ruined that with your attitude, not mine. yes we have secrets. we have things in the works that no other celica site, or celica club for that matter has going on. i'm sorry if we dont go broadcasting what it is (no...not cool t-shirts). we're the ones that came to meet you in december. we're the ones that were going to come meet everyone in april and have a big ass celica party. but because you want to handle this like such an ass, count me out. the rest of the club can go if they choose. its up to them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Love how Baldhead_J makes everything publically known...and seriously...we ask you to come out to VA Beach to hang with us since you "Wanted" too, and you refuse to come out here. So don't bitch.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Tim,
Your jumping in with a hostile attitude is unwarranted. I made the post public becasue I'd rather have it out in the open for discussion than having a "note passing" contest under the table. If you're too feeble to understand that, I fail to understand how to converse with you.
I was indeed invited down to VAB, and I appreciated it. however, after driving down to Hampton Roads, I felt it would not be too much to ask for one or two of the SC Crew to pop through the tube and have a beer. That was wrong? My goodness, what world am I living in that I thought that that made sense. Please excuse my ignorance. If that is the source of your bitterness, Tim, you need a hobby.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blitz-gts 6 said:
i'm not really going to care about this expierence too much. you came to me. i didnt ask you to hang out with us. i gave you info of how we do things different, with you not replying about dcm in any way. we know we're different from you, thats it. you treat strictlycelica like if you join then you're commited for life, as if its such a big deal. in the end we're just having fun. we're trying to get along with dcm, we want to. but you alone may just have ruined that with your attitude, not mine. yes we have secrets. we have things in the works that no other celica site, or celica club for that matter has going on. i'm sorry if we dont go broadcasting what it is (no...not cool t-shirts). we're the ones that came to meet you in december. we're the ones that were going to come meet everyone in april and have a big ass celica party. but because you want to handle this like such an ass, count me out. the rest of the club can go if they choose. its up to them.
This is more of the same from you. This is a community of enthusiasts. In no way was I aware that there was a subtle or overt competition going on between websites. The fact that you do is ,quite frankly, disturbing. Continuing this liitle spat is equally as sensless as your position that my opinion of how you treat people should impact your attendace at a car meet or any other social function. I have no idea what nerve I touched in our discussions, which up until the last exchange were all quite friendly, but it's sad. Widening this growing rift (for which there are no grounds BTW) is equivalently sad.

·
Registered
678 Posts
uh baldhead boy.......i offered to come pick you up and bring you out to the beach if the drive bothered you so.....that was in one of our "notes under the table" messages....

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't dispute that at all, not have I shaded the conversation in that manner. What is your point and why do you now see the need to resort to disrespectfull name calling?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Baldhead_J said:
Tim,
You're jumping in with a hostile attitude that is unwarranted. i made the post public becasue I'd rather have it out in the open for discussion than having a "note passing" contest under the table.
Some things you just keep between you and others. Not out in the open. You have always had a bitter attitude toward us. You think DCM is the greatest out there. Tell you one thing Baldhead_J, DCM isn

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wish you could've come to the meeting and talked to everyone that hangs out with us. I had fun when we drove up to DC a few months ago and saw all the cars at the mall and I am still looking forward to going to the april meet becuase I love cars to much to not go to that.

One other thing that I think might have happened is communicating emotion in text. It is very hard to communicate emotion through text therfore it is difficult to tell wether someone talking to you is happy, mad or whatever. I think in this case that simple questions were getting asked from either party (it doesn't matter) and things just got a little mixed up. The general conscenous with everyone down here is that they want to continue a relationship with the celica clubs where-ever they are.

I know that the DCM group is a great bunch of guys becuase I talked to you all when I was up there, everyone was laid back and very polite. Just hope the bump in the road gets smoothed out before it gets blown way out of proportion.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Baldhead_J said:

This is more of the same from you. This is a community of enthusiasts. In no way was I aware that there was a subtle or overt competition going on between websites. The fact that you do is ,quite frankly, disturbing. Continuing this liitle spat is equally as sensless as your position that my opinion of how you treat people should impact your attendace at a car meet or any other social function. I have no idea what nerve I touched in our discussions, which up until the last exchange were all quite friendly, but it's sad. Widening this growing rift (for which there are no grounds BTW) is equivalently sad.
how is it that i only have a problem with you out of dcm?? you try to act like you're a scholar. the thing about me is that i'll say what needs to be said, no matter what. but i'm always honest about it. the website competition thing....we want our own. thats it. we want it how we like it, thats it. jesus why do you make such a big deal about it? you can ask any member in the club how we are. they'll tell you that we're the most laid back, easy to get along with club they've ever been a part of. you seem to just have a problem with us, plain and simple.

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
:wtf: I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say............that none of you have pooped today.......

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your assertion that I have a "problem" with the entirety Strictly Celica is baseless and an attempt to create a divisive wedge between a common group of people. I am hopeful that this tactic of yours will not work. I have enjoyed the time I have spent with the members of the club and have never said otherwise. In fact, quite recently I hung out with a couple of the members in Hampton and had a great time and have nothing but good things to say.
Your reference to the way in which I comport myself is another example of your silliness. You have no idea who I am, what my background is, or the environment in which I conduct my day to day life. So for you to demand that I put a halt to the way in which I communicate seems only to mean that you either have a reading comprehension problem, or lack the tools neccessary to communcate clearly while employing the broad spectrum of the English language. I can recommend several remedial language classes to you if you feel that they would benefit you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Go away please. Far far away. This is such a stupid topic and should be deleted or locked.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tim_G said:

Some things you just keep between you and others. Not out in the open. You have always had a bitter attitude toward us. You think DCM is the greatest out there. Tell you one thing Baldhead_J, DCM isn

·
Registered
3 Posts
well either way, i'm going outside where it is 75 degrees and doing something like driving around with the windows down besides having a pissing match on the computer today, peace

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.