NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been on the board much other than my cousin posting in stupid posts. But yeah it sucks not being able to drive. I've had my license suspended for 30 days. 8 days left and counting!

Welpz here's the story. Well back in January I had to give my girl a ride back to her hometown by Palm Springs so that's like an hour drive from where I live in West Covina, Ca. Welpz I was driving on the I-10 East basically in the far left lane (fast lane). At the time, I was like 20 minutes away from our destination.

Welpz this stupid guy in those new 3.30I kept taligaiting me so I changed lanes. He changed into my lane as well and just kept close to me. I'm like fine I just started driving slower just to piss him off. Then all of sudden he starts High beaming me since it was like 8 at night. So I switch lanes again and he hella punches the gas and takes off. I'm guessing this guy wanted to race. So I'm like okay. I was like to myself this guy would probably burn me since it was a BMW.

For me not thinkin at the time, I took on the challenge. Boy did I catch up to him like nothing. I didn't know their ecu only allows them to top off at 125 cuz I finally lost him when I topped off my GT to 138. The whole 20 minutes I kept teasing him by letting him catch up then suddenly just taking off on him. It was pretty fun. My gf during the whole time was sleeping. Shows how smooth of a ride Celicas are. :gap:

Then right when we exit, there was a CHP waiting for me. Here's the thing, there was two CHP's involved. One went after the Bimmer, while that CHP radioed another CHP to get me at my exit. Sucks, I got ticketed at 100mph.

So I went to court like 2 1/2 weeks ago. Pled guilty to my charges, paid a 300 dollar fine. Got my license suspended for 30 days for public endangerment. I'm thankful to only have gotten 30 days suspension.

I've learned my lesson for now...;)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
DUMAS.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
ya...and you hear stories like this once a week...and still the stories continue to come...shows that ppl don't understand until they get hit with a ticket or near death experience...

glad you didn't get into an accident...that 30 day suspension is better than you and your gf dead from flipping over and hitting other cars....

·
Registered
274 Posts
why did you plead guilty:wtf: (eventhough u are:gap: ) you should've gotten those ticket fighter (paralegals?) to fight the ticket for you, even if they don't fight the entire ticket off, it'll probably be substentially reduced..and having been suspended is gonna jack your insurance through the roof.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Eh no need to fight it. It would of cost me more money to have fought the ticket. I'm tellin myself would be worth it? People were surprised that my bail fine and setence were that small 300 plus 30 days suspension. And say I did get such a lawyer. All that money spent would of probably be as the same as my insurance rate goin up.

Just plenty of issh to consider when you're in my situation. Just one of the situations I'll avoid these days.

·
Registered
274 Posts
TRD-CELICA-GT02 said:
Eh no need to fight it. It would of cost me more money to have fought the ticket. I'm tellin myself would be worth it? People were surprised that my bail fine and setence were that small 300 plus 30 days suspension. And say I did get such a lawyer. All that money spent would of probably be as the same as my insurance rate goin up.

Just plenty of issh to consider when you're in my situation. Just one of the situations I'll avoid these days.
not sure about the states..but 300US is about the price for a paralegal (not a lawyer) to fight your ticket..and your insurance stays up for a few years (5 or7) until the suspension clears the system...

·
Registered
14 Posts
lol! I guess you've never done research online about fighting speeding tickets ^.^
You would have found that:
1. you should never ever plead guilty
2. you can beat the ticket without ever going to court if you live in CA.
3. There's probably a 90% chance of you getting off your ticket without spending a dime if you try hard and...
4. That ticket is gonna cost you many thousands in insurance raises in the long run because you didn't fight it.

Do some research, betta luck next time.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
u get a racing ticket or a speeding one? if ou got a speeding one why didn't you just plead no contest or get a lawyer so you don't get any points

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.