NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well, it's taking a while on the "customizing" of my new 19" R/H C2's but here are the current looks of them.......

over the past 2 weeks they have had to be sent to a shop to have the original finish stripped and removed, that took a week. Then they had to be sent over to a metal polishing shop to have the lips of the rims re-polished (near chrome), that took a week...... and now tomorrow i get to take them to the powdercoating shop to get the centers of 'em powdercoated black (that'll probably take a week too)

but anyhow, i just thought i'd share this with ya'll .......enjoy !!

·
Registered
610 Posts
duston those are awesome possum! imma have to get my stuff ordered soon so i can head to your house :headbang:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am going to be having the center cap powdercoated black too !!

*i am talking about the cap that has all the tiny holes drilled in it

(not the lugnut-cap-thingy that has the R/H logo on it, that is staying polished)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the rims are going to be powdercoated semi-gloss black, with another coat of clear over the whole rim to help protect the lip being polished and possibly contracting stains from having no protectant on them (at least that's what the shop told me was best to do today)

as far as the next 20days........ they are going to drag but with my life/work schedule it should actually fly by pretty quick !! i've still got other final prepping i have got to get done to my car before HIN-seattle (install all new blue silicone hoses, flextubing, install sparcos and harnesses, get roll-call graphics for center of rear hatch window made/designed, ext.ext.)

.........oh the days are counting down !!

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
djTOY_2000 said:
the rims are going to be powdercoated semi-gloss black, with another coat of clear over the whole rim to help protect the lip being polished and possibly contracting stains from having no protectant on them (at least that's what the shop told me was best to do today)

as far as the next 20days........ they are going to drag but with my life/work schedule it should actually fly by pretty quick !! i've still got other final prepping i have got to get done to my car before HIN-seattle (install all new blue silicone hoses, flextubing, install sparcos and harnesses, get roll-call graphics for center of rear hatch window made/designed, ext.ext.)

.........oh the days are counting down !!
I don't mean to whore your post, but yeah, that's what they did with mine too. :) Two coats of black, one coat of clear.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts