NewCelica.org Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I love how nice the steering wheel and shifter are and hate how ugly the seats, radio, and climate control are. It's like the EU/JP versions are the way it was meant to be and once it got sent to Scion they just ripped out all the good parts and put in crappy, cheap parts to replace them and only left the steering wheel and shifter untouched :thumbdown
I agree, I don't see why Scion thought it was necessary to remove all of those features for the U.S. version. As some have pointed out on club86, the FR-S is only around 2,500 cheaper than a BRZ premium and yet it lacks HID lights, Alcantara interior, the dual zone climate controls a lot of the interior refinement, Nav, satellite radion and many other features as well.

That being said, I'm fully satisfied with the FR-S so far, I'm less concerned about the creature comforts and in many ways I like the idea of a no frills performance machine, the problem is Scion half-assed it. They could have a offered a premium option version with all the frills and then a trimmed down sportier version without the premium stereo, polished interior and some of the other features. Instead what they gave us was a single model that doesn't quite satisfy people of either camp...

·
VTEC just kicked in yo!!!
3,676 Posts
I agree, I don't see why Scion thought it was necessary to remove all of those features for the U.S. version. As some have pointed out on club86, the FR-S is only around 2,500 cheaper than a BRZ premium and yet it lacks HID lights, Alcantara interior, the dual zone climate controls a lot of the interior refinement, Nav, satellite radion and many other features as well.

That being said, I'm fully satisfied with the FR-S so far, I'm less concerned about the creature comforts and in many ways I like the idea of a no frills performance machine, the problem is Scion half-assed it. They could have a offered a premium option version with all the frills and then a trimmed down sportier version without the premium stereo, polished interior and some of the other features. Instead what they gave us was a single model that doesn't quite satisfy people of either camp...
:werd:

·
Registered
876 Posts
Beautiful car, love the black. Black almost makes the stockies look okay. Agree it needed engine covers. I'm still waiting to see one in person to fell the size of it, can't really get the true perception in pics and description, it's supposedly almost miata-sized, but looks almost Celi-sized here.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts