NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 461 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys this is just a little thread to let u know how the rotrex project is coming along.

I started ordering all these parts around Christmas time, yeah its been a while lol anyway the parts list is below plus some other info on my car, this thread has been copied from another celica forum so ive tried to edit it for u guys and just note that prices are in Australian dollars!

Below is a complete list of parts needed, as well as their order price and delivery status.

The Parts:

Rotrec cost $US2199 it has increased from $US1900 (but u guys get to save the $800 i spent on shipping/customs fees
Rotrex : C30-94 Unit - $2700 (including shipping) + $450 customs fees which i just found out about to day!! (Delivered!) www.rotrex.com

S/C Bracket : $110 - (Delivered)

Power FC : $890 (Delivered) http://www.nengun.com/apexi/power-fc-hand-controller

Sard 530cc Injectors : $400 (Deliver) http://www.nengun.com/sard/injectors

Intercooler 550 x 180 x 65 : $130 (Delivered) http://stores.ebay.com.au/Just-Jap-Auto-Im...idZ2QQpZ2QQtZkm

Intercooler Piping : $800 (Finished)

Turbo Smart BOV : $180 (Delivered) http://www.turbosmart.com.au/index.php?id=48

13 Row Oil Cooler : $78 ( Delivered) http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZliotekengQQhtZ-1

Idler Pulley : $50 (Delivered)

PK6 Belt : $50 (Unordered)

Walbro 265 Fuel Pump : $155 (delivered) http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRAND-NEW-600HP-WAL...1QQcmdZViewItem

Gauges : Boost, Oil Temp and Oil Pressure $405 delivered

Other Items Which will be on the way, but yet to be ordered include:

Clutch : ?

Tune : ?

Other Items I Already have installed:

17" Buddy Club P1 SF rims

2.5" cat back exhaust

Hotchkis Tuning Springs

White Line Rear Sway Bar

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rotrex is HERE!!!

Ok now as for pricing here it so far.

Rotrex - 2700 (unit + Shipping) + 450 customs tax
Bracket - 110
Power FC + 530cc Injectors - 1300
Intercooler - 130
BOV - 200
Oil Cooler - 78
Pulley - 55
PK6 Belt - 50
Fuel Pump - 155

So thats ur basic Kit = $5228

PLUS other things u need

Tuning - 800 (guessing max)
Gauges - 480 (for 3 Sabar gauges, oil temp, oil pressure and boost)
Clutch - 500ish
Intercooler Piping - 700

So Grand total will be = $7708

though i may have exaggerated with the intercooler piping and possibly tuning and things like that are upto u, u can get 50 buck gauges, u can go no intercooler, u could find a cheap tuner alot of parts come down to personal preffrence and wut u want and wut u want to pay.

I know it looks like alot, but u gotta remember that compared to Greddy or Blitz

Greddy + customs taxes/shipping = 4000 + 1100ish = 5100
and u still dont have a new clutch, e manage Ultimate wich most will want to replace and needs a tune so that grand total becomes close to 7grand

Blitz + customs/shipping = 6000 + 1500ish = 7500
and u dont have a new clutch, and not sure on the ECU but u would need a tune at least so that alone makes the kit about $8500

So yeah im a winner, i have everything + most power!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I think they look amazing, IMO they r one of the nicest looking gauges around, they dont look cheap, they have nice font and layout i LOVE THEM! lol

Second thing to post about today is, me moving some engine parts around.

As the pic shows, the blue circal is where i have moved the cruise control unit to. It sits right next to the power steering fluid holder.
The red one shows where the engine coolant currently is, but when i get my inter cooler piping done, the engine coolant will be moved to where the arrow points, right next to the head light, there is a bolt already there for it to mount to and ive already extended the coolant lines. and as a side note, Its the perfect place to movie it to, it fits perfectly and already has mounting hole for it.

well today was fun. Test fitted the bracket and supercharger, removed my alternator, disabled my air con and replaced my fuel pump.

Good new of the day is, fuel pump in with no probs bracket fits perfectly and 2moro the final mounting holes will be drilled into the bracket and s/c will be bolted to the car 2moro!

Bad news is i had to disconnect one of the pipes from my air con to make the supercharger fit, which un know to me meant that when i undid the bolt my car sounded like an old school kettle and shreaked for like 15mins while the air con vented out. ow well i hardly use the air con and im pretty sure i wasnt gonna give up the supercharged project for it. Ill get it fixed in a couple of months.

i wont be able to start the car up untill probly late 2moro night or the day after to see if the fuel pump actualy went in ok. Need to get the alternator back in, and re working the belt back into place is gonna be a bitch.

Here are some pics of wut i did, sorry i didnt take step by step pics.

^old fuel pump

very close to being finished

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So thats about it guys, thats most of the steps shown of how everything has gone so far.

Im pretty sure my car is actualy finished, just have to wait till 2moro to go check it out, its about an hour from house :(

the only thing i have to work out now is how to move my car 80kms without blowing it up, might have to tow it to the tuners.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
In the other thread people were estimating that if the kit was ever produced for the celica it would be around the range of a c2 or haas turbo kit ($3500) which is what gave the huge benefit of this option with its s/c reliability along with the power from a turbo. That being said, if this kit was ever produced, after seeing how much you have spent in the project I don't see how it would be able to retail for such a cheaper price.

Also, is there any difference in what you would need to buy if you were to go this route on a GT?

Those are my only concerns... other than that, the project looks great and I'm anxiously awaiting some dyno's and video's of your finished project :)

·
Registered
645 Posts
that is a nice setup i know what to save up for now, keep us posted with pics and dyno's.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok as for price, if u just get the basic thing parts which will just say are the parts u would get in a "kit" the price would be right about the same as a c2 kit or turbo kit.

ive converted the following from $AUD to $US and taken out wut i had to pay for shipping coz shipping to Australia was killer. Especially on the Rotrex unit itself.

Rotrex - 1900
Bracket + welding Drilling holes = 100
Power FC + 530cc Injectors - 1026
Intercooler + piping - 700ish
BOV - 150
Oil Cooler - 60
Pulley - 45
PK6 Belt - 45
Fuel Pump - 120

So thats ur basic Kit = $39xx

though u go more basic and get rid of the oil cooler and fuel pump and bov if u want to see how it compares to a very basic turbo kit, but i think this list is minimal kit.

the biggest killer in all the parts is the intercooler piping, for me its cost alot coz its custom and customs costs alot here. For u guys u might no people who do it cheap or could do it urself.

The other reason it looks exspensive is coz in my original post i included the extra stuff like, clutch, tune, gauges which u will probly need but if ur trying to compare this project to a turbo kit that doesnt include these extras then just look at the above list, its the core list of parts.

but hey, its gonna be more powerful then Blitz and still be cheaper then it and coz my celica is RHD turbo was out of the question so im happy with it, it suited my situation u guys need to work out if this fits u.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
Awesome post!!! I may consider this!!! And you may also want to consider getting a LSD once you get all that power too, haha.

·
Registered
405 Posts
LSD will be absolutely neccessary imo. I dare you to buy the OBX one on Ebay. :puke:

Nice lookin stuff tho, nice job. Keep us all posted. :gap:

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol nice to see some interest

as for more pics of maf ect it will have to wait another 24hrs coz i cant go see my car till 2moro.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
noob question, how can you up the psi on a s/c?

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
You just gatta do some math to figure out how small of a pulley you want to run for a particular boost number. But that means you gatta do math....BLAH.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
The__J__Factor any reason why you opted for a atmospheric BOV rather than a recirculating one ?. Or did you just want to save on the piping + the BOV noise.
Keep up the good work bro.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Ya people don't believe me when I tell them that Forced Induction costs money, even if the base kit is cheap, you're gonna spend the same amount as the high end no matter what.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
umm its actually recirculating BOV, thats just pic with the atmo attachment still on.

Heres some more pics

These pics are about 3days old, im going to see it in person 2moro, and looks like ill be towing it home thursday and booking a tune as soon as possible so i can finaly drive it!

1 - 20 of 461 Posts