NewCelica.org Forum banner
421 - 440 of 461 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
i think they still offer the oil supplier and cooler with it. I remember reading J factor got one with his rotex for free. But it would be wise to do so in any forced induction project.
Oil catch can always helps as well. I plan on doing it in my NA build for safety. Just take a look in your IM and you will see what im talking about. ;)
Yeah i plan on doing it maybe this summer or so. Depending on my job situation as well since economy laid me off. Yeah i pretty much got all the setup i need like internals. Just need pistons adn a better flowing exhuast. Then everything for the Rotex and i should be set. But easier said than done.
Dont give up just bc your AT. You could still get better numbers than J factor with a good build.
huh im manual lol... ATM = at the moment lol
i would never waste money on a auto gts lol... but yea i hope i can start to get things very soon...
but i was also say j factor had to have his intercooler pipings custom...wouldnt it be easier to use a universal kit instaed..or are the bends to extreme?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
you could do it like that but you might have to bend them to fit. and sorry lol thought you were in an auto sorry lol.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #423 ·
^ Some of the bends are pretty extreme. Its a real tight space to work with unfortunately.
Something that would make piping easier is using a PWR liquid to air barrel intercooler. It would eliminate the need for a front mount and could fit inline with the s/c and go straight to the TB.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
but i like having the intercooler...lol but im sure most of those pieces can be used but not the extreme bends...do u remember the dimensions or degrees of the bends...

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Im going to let you people who think this is a cake walk install in on a secret. The US spec celicas ac lines are in the way or the rotrex unit. The unit wont sit straight. There is about .20in clearance between the AC compressor and the unit.. The hardlines will have to be bent and a sharp 90deg angle. The may even need to be smaller in diameter for them to not hit the rotrex unit. It isnt bolt on and go.... or just getting a pipe kit together it is alittle more involved.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Im going to let you people who think this is a cake walk install in on a secret. The US spec celicas ac lines are in the way or the rotrex unit. The unit wont sit straight. There is about .20in clearance between the AC compressor and the unit.. The hardlines will have to be bent and a sharp 90deg angle. The may even need to be smaller in diameter for them to not hit the rotrex unit. It isnt bolt on and go.... or just getting a pipe kit together it is alittle more involved.
J factor i think had to bend a ac line as well to fit the rotex on. and piping and fitting the rotex in and of course tunning will all that really has to be involved. Piping and fitting the rotex in the car will be the hardest part. plus making the bracket for it of course.

^ Some of the bends are pretty extreme. Its a real tight space to work with unfortunately.
Something that would make piping easier is using a PWR liquid to air barrel intercooler. It would eliminate the need for a front mount and could fit inline with the s/c and go straight to the TB.
o so keeping the intercooler inside with a air to water intercooler. Would save alot on piping and probably would offer cooler air that way. I can see what your talking about. You would have alot of piping u could make a CAI for the rotex even though its probably over kill lol. what is PWR liquid?

but i like having the intercooler...lol but im sure most of those pieces can be used but not the extreme bends...do u remember the dimensions or degrees of the bends...
All those bends look really custom and very from year to year on a celica or what would fit. Probably wont be all the same.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #427 ·
No idea on the dimensions of bends a shop did the pipe work and not me.
Air con there are 2 pipes, 1 can be pushed/bent out of the way easy enough and the 2nd had a bit of custom fabbing to move it out of the way.

This is the barrel cooler, its super compact and very efficient.

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
J factor i think had to bend a ac line as well to fit the rotex on. and piping and fitting the rotex in and of course tunning will all that really has to be involved. Piping and fitting the rotex in the car will be the hardest part. plus making the bracket for it of course.

Us spec and jspec ac lines and compressors are alittle different. The rhd celicas hardlines are lower to the unit. The US lines wont allow the unit to fit. Your telling a person who has built a kit. It looks like the system is flipped around. I fitted the unit/bracket and pipe in 1 day. Fixing the ac lines takes alittle bit of time. More than a few days you have to have the ac lines rebent then, rewelded/w/e you choose. The ac shops are usually busy and take a few days to get it back to you. The you have to recharge the system. Tuning (for me atleast) isnt that difficult. Im familiar with the pfc and the hydra.

that pwr cooler is a good idea, it will save you time on the piping and have whacky bends welded together.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #429 ·
^ how is ur car, did u ever finish the RHD conversion and the Rotrex? OR did u sell it all off?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
No idea on the dimensions of bends a shop did the pipe work and not me.
Air con there are 2 pipes, 1 can be pushed/bent out of the way easy enough and the 2nd had a bit of custom fabbing to move it out of the way.

This is the barrel cooler, its super compact and very efficient.

Thats a crazy design, i had no idea it would look like that, thats tight. Makes things so much easier with the piping and alot more efficent. Thats awesome. Can you still put a blow off valve some where before the TB?

Us spec and jspec ac lines and compressors are alittle different. The rhd celicas hardlines are lower to the unit. The US lines wont allow the unit to fit. Your telling a person who has built a kit. It looks like the system is flipped around. I fitted the unit/bracket and pipe in 1 day. Fixing the ac lines takes alittle bit of time. More than a few days you have to have the ac lines rebent then, rewelded/w/e you choose. The ac shops are usually busy and take a few days to get it back to you. The you have to recharge the system. Tuning (for me atleast) isnt that difficult. Im familiar with the pfc and the hydra.

that pwr cooler is a good idea, it will save you time on the piping and have whacky bends welded together.
Thats true about the AC lines i would have to look at them when i get the bracket and fit the rotex in. And yeah having a AC shop doing it would be smart to do lol i thik i would have tried to bend them myself lol. :p.

And hells yes that save alot of piping. Just a small filter infront of the rotex and have the piping from over the rotex go down by the radiatior and then this PWR air to water cooler and a bend to the TB thats really nice.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
i never knew blitz's celica was a rotex celica like yours J factor

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
The PWR coolers are less efficient than the traditional A2W spearco or Bell IC cores... probably better than A2A, though.

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
^ how is ur car, did u ever finish the RHD conversion and the Rotrex? OR did u sell it all off?
The kit is all done and fitted. Been busy with school man, it is seriously eating all my play time. Im at school all day, when not at school, im in the lab doing research... I only have holidays to mess around with the cars. I have been messing with the mr2 lately so the celica is on the back burner. Still picking up parts here and there though.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #434 ·
And hells yes that save alot of piping. Just a small filter infront of the rotex and have the piping from over the rotex go down by the radiatior and then this PWR air to water cooler and a bend to the TB thats really nice.
That is exactly how i would re-do my pipe work. Its means u end up having like 2-3feet of piping so awesome throttle response and you can still add a BOV in there.

The kit is all done and fitted. Been busy with school man, it is seriously eating all my play time. Im at school all day, when not at school, im in the lab doing research... I only have holidays to mess around with the cars. I have been messing with the mr2 lately so the celica is on the back burner. Still picking up parts here and there though.
Awesome that its almost done, get some pics or soemthing one day when ur not busy.
Good luck with school and all, i graduated uni a few months ago and it was the best feeling ever :p

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
dang that sounded and looked nice :drool:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
i just thought of something... i remember you saying you had a problem with the placement of the MAF sensor...couldnt we use a normal CAI piping for the MAF sensor and then attach the intercooler piping to it?in stead of having to go threw the trouble of having one made?

·
Registered
3,620 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #439 ·
i just thought of something... i remember you saying you had a problem with the placement of the MAF sensor...couldnt we use a normal CAI piping for the MAF sensor and then attach the intercooler piping to it?in stead of having to go threw the trouble of having one made?
Ummm not sure what you mean. Changing maf position was as easy as having a $10 flange welded in the right place.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi J, hope you are doing fine with your Z. My Rotrex project will start next week and i will make a new thread once i get the photos ready.

Questions:
1. my car is auto GTS. Should i change the pistons? currently they are 11.5:1 compression. Did you change the pistons? Can those stock piston handle 250 HP?

2. I am using pulley 105, and most likely will only go to pulley 95. Do you know if i should change the torque converter?

Jlitman if you read this please share your thoughts
Thank you.

421 - 440 of 461 Posts