NewCelica.org Forum banner
441 - 460 of 461 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #441 ·
250hp is fine for the engine, you shouldnt need to change pistons.
95mm pulley is awesome :p makes over 300whp easily but u need something like 660cc injectors or return fuel set up to handle it.

no idea on the auto though :S.
Good luck man hope we see lots of pics

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #443 ·
Umm nope i dont know the exact details of it. I know Web3.0 on spyder chat was using a restrictor. Gave big boost down low with a small pulley but kept the boost uptop from spiking to high.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The Rotrex has a rated maximum speed (redline). The input shaft is rated to 10,500 rpm on the 30-94. The crank pully (driver pulley) on a 2zz is 127mm. Use this pulley calculator and plug in the size pulleys and engine RPM redline

http://www.csgnetwork.com/pulleybeltcalc.html

At 8500 rpm (input driver RPM) with a 105mm pulley (driven pulley) will give you the (output driven RPM) input shaft is turning10,276.5 rpm which is just under the max rated RPM for the input shaft.

With the 95mm pulley (input driver RPM) at 7800 rpm the input shaft (output drivenRPM) is spinning at 10,420.8 RPM. Which is just under the max rated RPM for the input shaft.

It is your decsion if you want to overspeed the Rotrex or not.

Web used the restrictor only on the 1zz. I don't think he ever put one on a 2zz, not necessary.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #446 ·
Indeed i did over rev the Rotrex.
But considering 8000-8500rpm is over within seconds and its so marginally over the limit its all pretty ok. Rotrex dealers also had the same point of view when i talked to them about it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I talked to Wheel2wheel before they went under. They had watched a few tests where they oversped the Rotrex 20% and the Rotrex held up for 20 minutes sustained at 20% overspeed, then it came apart. A second or so at 5% overspeed just before shifting would probably be OK. I'm not to keen on doing it often, or holding at that on a road course, in a drag it should be OK if you feel like pushing it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
hello, to mount the Rotrex on Celica GT-S, we must expel the air conditioning?
Thread from the dead...

General consensus was that it is easier with the A/C removed, but that it *may* be possible to keep it if you re-route the A/C lines.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Spot on. I run with AC on my Rotrexed car. I couldn't do without it on our 2 or 3 sunny days per year :gap:

·
Registered
26 Posts
you have also installed air conditioning?
unfortunately I can not find anyone who sells me the bracket, maintaining the air conditioning

·
Registered
20 Posts
sorry to get this thread off the grave but...

the hosting on the site of that SC bracket lapsed.

anyone else here has a copy of the file?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #455 ·
I might have the original saved somewhere. Give me a few days to search.

Also the current owner of the car ran 12.7sec 1/4 mile

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #457 ·
hey mate sold it because I moved to canada for about 5 months. I do miss it, but the spyder is surprisingly fun and cheap as to run.

Original Rotrex Bracket can be downloaded here http://sdrv.ms/164AIok

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #460 ·
Spent 5months in big white / Kelowna. It was awesome and I am killing to get back to the snow.
The link above goes to a file called SC-bracket. It is the original cad file and you should be able to download it no problem.

441 - 460 of 461 Posts