NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished installing and tuning my system yesterday. Nothing fancy, but it sounds great! Check it out - http://www.sounddomain.com/id/smoovy

And if you guys are looking for a really nice set of component speakers check out Rainbow. You've probably never heard about them, but they're a German manufacturer of high-end car audio. I have their entry-level Dream Line components, and they sound amazing!

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
Not bad. Nice choice on the head unit! :thumbup: Rainbow has been around for a while, they make some really quality stuff.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Help me understand on how you wired your dual 4ohm at 2 ohms?? I need info coz i need to know which amp to use on my 3 10in type r's

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aZnTrD2k said:
Help me understand on how you wired your dual 4ohm at 2 ohms?? I need info coz i need to know which amp to use on my 3 10in type r's
Two 4 Ohm voice coils wired in parallel equals a 2 Ohm load.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
i have 3 of those R's, which amp do you suggest me using. Im looking at JL or ALpine. or which ever that looks good and will work with my amp...

thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
are you using two sets of tweeters??

that would screw up some image having two different sound planes for your highs, not only that, but even if the vents were your only set of tweeters, the one on your side would be on-axis to yourself and the one opposite from you would be off-axis. totally totally screwing up any center image...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Actually the the extra set of tweeters in the A/C vents help the imaging and raise the soundstage. They're high passed at 10kHz, attenuated by 3dB, and wired out of phase with the rest of the component set. They blend it perfectly.

It's almost the same idea as CDT's "Image Enhancement Tweeter System". http://www.cdtaudio.com/cdt10lp.htm

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
smoovy6, that's a cool thing to add those speakers to help the sound stage. I'd like to hear it, but Florida is a bit far for me to drive. Are you thinking of kicks in the future? And were is all the fiberglass? :)

Curt

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
ah ok. yeah i've seen the second tweeter sets that makes sense then, although i'd still wonder about the center image. i'd think they'd go really well with kicks if they were in the factory spots. i have thought about doing that. i should post pics of my kicks, they're beautiful.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
J3adSeed, you should post of pics of your kicks. I'm curious to see other kicks besides my own.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can I see pics of your guys' kickpanels? If possible, could you write a step-by-step guide on making them? I've never worked with fiberglass before so I just want to get an idea of the whole process. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
http://photos.yahoo.com/j3adseed

thats my first attempt. i was able to make the much smaller and hidden better however. if you see where the tweeter is in the last pic, move it all the way towards the door so that it doesn't stick out so much, and then move that 4 over and down as well and more flat up against the wall. i even have a hole in the back of the new ones so that it'll fit more flush.

finished product is vinyled i'll get picks up soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts