NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of my best tunning. Now my car should be putting out more than what i dynoed in May.

mods:

TRD sports M celica
TRD clutch and flywheel
TRD piston
TRD Exhaust
TRD extractor
Blitz short ram
Power FC

·
Banned
4,595 Posts
wow i made about 200 flywheel hp with just intake and exhaust....207 seems kinda low for those mods ...hmmmmm

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EasyC said:
wow i made about 200 flywheel hp with just intake and exhaust....207 seems kinda low for those mods ...hmmmmm
i felt the same way as well. I am not sure how u guys in the states can get 170whp with light mods.

am i missing anything here?

Also what gear ratio are you using?

·
Banned
4,595 Posts
Originally posted by silvercelica2000
i felt the same way as well. I am not sure how u guys in the states can get 170whp with light mods.

am i missing anything here?

Also what gear ratio are you using?
I used 4th. But u cant really count my car since i was the only car with the TPR intake and TPR exhaust (besides Red01GTS's dyno...he made 179 whp with TPR I/E !!!!!) thats about 205 flywheel HP.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Originally posted by vvtlikick
210PS = 207hp

... but that's going to be "flywheel" output.
Why would that be Flywheel power when he's on a chassis dyno?

You are correct with it being 207hp though, but I believe that is to the ground.

One thing that strikes me as odd is that the dyno states it's a 4wd car? :AF:

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Originally posted by Red01GTS

You are correct with it being 207hp though, but I believe that is to the ground.

Because thats what it says at the top of both graphs :chuckles:

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
wow haven't seen such a huge dip in torque with the pfc before lift like that before,

it should at the very least flatline from 5K till 6K, try adjusting the vvt settings for 5500 and 6K till you can get your torque curve to stay flat in that spot.

also adjust the vvt for 4-4500 it should help to fix the flat spot there, I had the same spot with trial headder, If i remember correclty I had to add about 15 degrees of vvt to bump the torque curve back up in that range

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Red01GTS said:

From what I've read, overseas dynos usually give an estimate of flywheel output based on the wheel output. And you're right, wheel output is all that a chassis dyno can measure. But actual measurements are too good for some tuners :gap:

As for the 4WD designation, I'd guess that's describing the dyno, not the car.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Get a better intake (CAI). Most short rams = sucking in hot engine air = low gains. Did you dyno with your hood open or closed?

BTW, the only reason the Sports-M makes 200hp stock is because it comes with the TRD exhaust and air filter stock. No internal mods or anything that makes the engine itself more powerful than anyone else's 2ZZ. So you should be basing the gains off of a 190hp engine (basically, the gains are for the SRI, pistons, and header; exhaust isn't included). A 20hp gain isn't bad at all, but it could be better since you have the PFC.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
EasyC said:
I used 4th. But u cant really count my car since i was the only car with the TPR intake and TPR exhaust (besides Red01GTS's dyno...he made 179 whp with TPR I/E !!!!!) thats about 205 flywheel HP.
I see. I am refering to the ratio 5.280 and tcf 1.20 below the graph. That will affect the hp reading as well.

any idea what is the value you are using?

·
Registered
285 Posts
this is your May dyno. So after tuning, your car should now have better numbers. Post your new dyno numbers and we can then discuss the gains from the power FC

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Illusive said:
wow haven't seen such a huge dip in torque with the pfc before lift like that before,

it should at the very least flatline from 5K till 6K, try adjusting the vvt settings for 5500 and 6K till you can get your torque curve to stay flat in that spot.

also adjust the vvt for 4-4500 it should help to fix the flat spot there, I had the same spot with trial headder, If i remember correclty I had to add about 15 degrees of vvt to bump the torque curve back up in that range
I noticed that. But trying to advance the timing will cause pinging, since I am using 13.0 compression ratio, thats the best I could do.

I engage lift at 5800, do you think that's the cause?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Blue Bomber said:
Get a better intake (CAI). Most short rams = sucking in hot engine air = low gains. Did you dyno with your hood open or closed?

BTW, the only reason the Sports-M makes 200hp stock is because it comes with the TRD exhaust and air filter stock. No internal mods or anything that makes the engine itself more powerful than anyone else's 2ZZ. So you should be basing the gains off of a 190hp engine (basically, the gains are for the SRI, pistons, and header; exhaust isn't included). A 20hp gain isn't bad at all, but it could be better since you have the PFC.
Very true. In fact i am using 98 octane and I should get a better output if I use racing fuel. i dyno with hood open as its really hot here. I custom made an airbox to block all hot air and cut the bumper to allow cold air to flow in. Will take a picture and post again.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts