NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Iwas going to bust your balls with the tails but after seeing that silver celica with the buick fender stick ons and that being area inspiration/motivation. I come to realize yours is prob the best one out of the pack. So i will kindly suggest go with TYC reds or 03's.

·
Celica Enthusiast
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
forgot these pics... adding spacers and extended studs to the rear.. pain in the ass!!! had to drill a hole..

·
Celica Enthusiast
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Iwas going to bust your balls with the tails but after seeing that silver celica with the buick fender stick ons and that being area inspiration/motivation. I come to realize yours is prob the best one out of the pack. So i will kindly suggest go with TYC reds or 03's.
tyc reds over tyc blacks :bang: .. il do the 03+ if i find a good deal..
-best one out what pack?

·
Celica Enthusiast
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
celi still isnt finished!! more mods soon to come.. il take pics of other things ive done... everything done to the car has been done with no professional help.. its fkn simple to be honest, just read the install guides and use common sense.. i just want to thank Proto, Hulkster, BlueYellow, and Lou for your help/parts.. most of all blueyellow for actually helping me install shyt..

stealth you need to help me restore my oem headlights and vinyl my roof!

·
is NSFW
6,093 Posts
forgot these pics... adding spacers and extended studs to the rear.. pain in the ass!!! had to drill a hole..
That was unnecessary actually.
The back of the hub of the gramlights have plenty of space between the 5 orignial bolts like this.

If you ran spacer/adapters you wouldve just skipped the whole process of replacing the bolts.

·
Celica Enthusiast
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
^yeah i just wanted the wheel to sit a little more flush with the body, felt as if it was too tucked in.. the ichiba spacers i had were given to me with the wheels, i didn't know how much trouble i was getting into until i popped out the original studs and started sticking the extended studs in..

edit: i put the 5 mm spacer in the front (its really thin), and the nuts would come loose almost every time.. i dont think the studs are long enough.. but since its the front im not too crazy about spacers anyways.. the wheel doesn't touch the caliper or anything, so im going to leave it as it is..

wheel specs are 18 x 7.5 with a +48 offset on 225/40/18 tires

·
is NSFW
6,093 Posts
yeah i just wanted to the wheel to sit a little more flush with the body
I hope you know who youre talking to... :rolleyes:
i put the 5 mm spacer in the front (its really thin), and the nuts would come loose almost every time.. i dont think the studs are long enough.. but since its the front im not too crazy about spacers anyways.. the wheel doesn't touch the caliper or anything, so im going to leave it as it is..
As long as you torque the lugs correctly they wont come loose, ive ran 5mm and 8mm just slapping them on the hub numerous times.
Our oem studs let us get away with 8mm anything more wont grip the lugs enough.
wheel specs are 18 x 7.5 with a +48 offset on 225/40/18 tires
Jesus, those wheels wont be anywhere close to flush unless you run a fat spacer and those gramlights were design for subarus with that offset.
your going to need a 30mm front spacer and a 40mm rear spacer to be flush with the fenders.

·
Celica Enthusiast
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I hope you know who youre talking to...
i though that was nic0 :gap:

As long as you torque the lugs correctly they wont come loose, ive ran 5mm and 8mm just slapping them on the hub numerous times.
Our oem studs let us get away with 8mm anything more wont grip the lugs enough.
yeah but our stock lugnuts have this ring around them that don't fit into the gramlights hole..

Jesus, those wheels wont be anywhere close to flush unless you run a fat spacer and those gramlights were design for subarus with that offset.
your going to need a 30mm front spacer and a 40mm rear spacer to be flush with the fenders.
shiiiettt :AF: 40mm thats nuts.. i have 25 in the back, and with that alone im afraid of adding too much stress on the joints

damn that sits nicee..

·
is NSFW
6,093 Posts
yeah but our stock lugnuts have this ring around them that don't fit into the gramlights hole..
oh thats the problem, all Rays Engineering wheels will have conical seats that require conical seat lugs.
pick up a set of rays lugs, they match best with the grams
i though that was nic0
>:[
shiiiettt 40mm thats nuts.. i have 25 in the back, and with that alone im afraid of adding too much stress on the joints
Id keep the 25 on there for now, no point of going flush with 7.5s with spacers thatll fvck up your bearings.
The Guru has spoken.
:]

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
:thumbup:-Nice little progress! Keep it up!

·
Celica Enthusiast
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
oh thats the problem, all Rays Engineering wheels will have conical seats that require conical seat lugs.
pick up a set of rays lugs, they match best with the grams
what are the lugs that dont have a cap called.. i cant explain it, the ones that look like a ring rather than a cap..

Originally Posted by Jsnake513

i though that was nic0

>:[
lol man i PMed u before i even bought the wheels, for your advice!.. love your ride!

Id keep the 25 on there for now, no point of going flush with 7.5s with spacers thatll fvck up your bearings.
yeah, o well, no fender rolling for me

Nice little progress! Keep it up!
thanks, if everything goes right my car might be looking a little different on monday il get pics up!

·
Celica Enthusiast
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
upcoming projects.. (all cosmetics)

1.restore oem headlights
2.yellow vinyl on turn signals
3.black vinyl on roof
4.jdm sidemarkers
5.led wheel well reverse bulbs (just one or two bulbs to illuminate the ground near the rear wheels, it gets very dark in some neighborhoods and rocks and tree roots stick out sometimes..) curb rash protection basically.. it would be powered by the reverse lights, im going to run a wire, or i might just make a switch not sure yet..
6. paint oem headlight inserts, from the underside not the top so it could have the ridges
7. fix front and side lips

·
Registered
246 Posts
Looking good jay..if you decide to get jdm sidemarkers..we should get in on the group buy with adhusky...:) hey btw..if you want the TRD bar for the rear let me know...you have until September to think about it..sigh...bump for the ladibug

21 - 40 of 43 Posts