NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife went out of town to visit relatives this weekend she called me saying her car wont start it wont even hit like it wants to start.just turns over like normal just dosent start i told her dad to check all the fuses and connections but they were ok any ideas on what it could be. thanks in advance

·
Registered
391 Posts
u dont suppose she hyrdo locked it? Did she driver throuh some puddles...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it has a new battery in it about 3 months ago it turns over fine.just dosent hit like its trying to start

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
she didnt hydro lock it. it turns over fine and ran great right before.. just aint hitting at all like it dont want to crank up at all .i thought maybe the main fuel inj.relay or fuse or enging mangement fuse might have blown?i dont know still trying to figure this one out!!i cant get to it so may have to get it towed into a garage
any last inputs?

·
Registered
629 Posts
when you said it won't crank at all, do you hear that ticking sound when you turn on the ignition ? if not check your fuses again...check for the big one that has two screws on each side to hold it down, its white and has a clear plasitc on top that shows a lil metal piece...if that lil metal piece is not connected then theyre blown, you gna have to replace that one.

-goodluck with your car

·
Registered
32 Posts
Also, if the car has manual transmission, make sure they are pressing the clutch all the way. Sometimes the floor mat gets under the clutch and won't allow the clutch to make proper contact, hence the car doesn't start.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well got it towed today coudnt figure anything out checked all the fuses,pulled the valve cover off and checked the cam timing it was good,checked spark plugs they had gas on them so i know its getting gas.not sure about a spark didnt have anymore time too check it had to go home and get ready for work.thanks for yous inputs ill let you know what they find

·
Registered
572 Posts
it could be the fuel pump, or the filter could be clogged. my gf's sunfire had the same symptoms, and i checked all fuses and pulled the spark plugs. they smelled like gas. it turned out the pump was bad. so it could quite possibly be a prob with ur fuel delivery system. injectors, pump, etc.

=> $0.02 <=

-aaron

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i found out what happened today when i replaced the lift bolts.The left over piece from the old one which i never found.got logged in the cam shaft and seized the cam bent valves and fugged everything up!!!!!!!!!! got a used motor put in this week for aroung $2400.00. FOR you guys that also try knocking the rocker arm rod out to get the left over bolt out.BE EXTRA CAREFUL.
dont do what i did.

·
Registered
903 Posts
maybe its the battery. i had to replace mines in 3 yrs and it only had 24000 miles on it! so i guess its not about miles but age.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts