NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at possibly getting a Celica for my daily driver. I really want a GT-S for the better engine, but there has been some KICK ASS deals on GT's around.

Anyway, my question is what kind of price would I be looking at for buying the action kit and throwing it on a new GT? I'm talking wing, front piece, side skirts, and rear valance? Would it be cheaper to just get an aftermarket kit?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Yes, it is...I would highly suggest buying one with the Action Package already on it. I was at a dealership last night, and it was a $1600 option...worth it, since that's painted and installed... If you were to buy the kit seperately, it would be about $2000...

Usman

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How rare are they? I found about 20-25 Celica's in my area for sale.. only 6 GT-S's, and none with the action package. :(

·
It is known.
8,236 Posts
at least nowadays toyota has started only really putting the action pkg on the GT for the "looks fast" appearence. toyota figures that the GT-S is already fast enough.......but if you want the 6sp and action pkg i would suggest ordering it through your dealer

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
party2go said:
at least nowadays toyota has started only really putting the action pkg on the GT for the "looks fast" appearence. toyota figures that the GT-S is already fast enough.......but if you want the 6sp and action pkg i would suggest ordering it through your dealer
Actually, I would go further than that. Look at what the additional price for the action package is on the sticker on those GT's. It should be about $1600...

Now if you order the TRD kit from the parts department, it's gonna cost a lot more than that...so don't do that...

Make sure that you show the GT sticker to the salesperson, and tell them that you want a GT-S, with the action package, and you will not pay more than that sticker for the kit...

They should install it for you too...good luck...

Usman

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately I will not be buying this brand new. I wish I were, but I can't afford to right now.. so I'm stuck to finding a used with the options I want. :(

·
Registered
458 Posts
I think for the additional action package on my car it was only about $1,000 but I would have to look at the sticker price again.... Action Packages aren't too common BUT latly I have been seeing some around town....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts