NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I leave it, or go get it pulled out and plugged?
I'm running 215 40 17 Kumho's.....

My first low-pro's. I know I used to get my truck tires plugged all the time..but not sure what can/can't be done w/ these things...

any advice much appreciated.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Get it pulled, chances are it will come out by itself when you least want it to. Two ways of getting the tire fixed...the half-ass way which uses the plugs inserted from the outside and the right way which takes the wheel off the rim patches it from the inside and then remounts and balances the tire.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Yeah, bring it to a shop and have them plug it from the inside. I had to get that done on my Jeep. As long as the nail isn't too close to the outside edge, they should be able to fix it.

Curt

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
A couple months after I got my SSRs, I picked up a nail and it was lodged right in the middle of the tire. I put on a stock gt-s rim overnight, and went to the tire shop the next day where they took off the tire, removed the nail, and patched up the punctured area. Then they finished up by mounting and balancing the 225/40/18 tire back on the rim; only cost me $10 too.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
oONoGoAutoOo said:
yeah, dont leave it on for too long. i didnt know i had a nail in one of my tires until the tire finally gave in while on the freeway. It wasnt a pleasant experience.
Damn I remember that happening to me while on the freeway too for my stock GT tires. It sucks because the sidewalls all worn out and couldn't get it patched. Hurry up and get it done soon.

·
Registered
917 Posts
My car at some point got a nail inside the tire. The tire had no puncture in it but when we took it to the dealer they pulled the tire off the rim and a nail fell out... :wtf:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts