NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, is it possible to just take out the black radio compartment and replace it with a screen? i dont like the kinds that slide out for some reason. i guess its cuz i kinda want that oem look. anyways, if its possible, what would i need to do? thanks!

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
yea there are a number of double din screens. there normally haowever is a gap on each side u need to fill

·
Registered
194 Posts
you can how ever fill those gaps on the side easy with an old dash kit. heres how mine used to look. i will have new interior shots up in a day or two.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^ o wow pretty nice! mind telling me what kit u got, and what model pioneer? how much did everything cost you in total? was it easy to install? thx!

·
Registered
194 Posts
i have a kenwood 6017, its the 2005 model that i got on clearance around xmas for $900, it was replaced for 06 with the 7017 but the only diffence is the number of pre-outs for your external screens. i did all the instaling myself which was no harder then a regular headunit to put in, except tap the green ebrake wire into the grounds so your dvd player works while the car is in gear. i'd stay away from pioneer i have herd nothing but bad things from them when it comes to any car audio, i have never herd a complaint about a kenwood double din, or a eclipse double din. as for a kit i used the stock mounting brackets with a cut up single din conversion dash kit that i had from my old head unit. basicaly take a saw and just widdle away at the side pieces and then glue them into the upper console piece so they stay put. my console looks much much better now though, when i look back at these pics i shake my head for that red center console... never paint your interior.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts