NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car: 00 gts flywheel/lsd/injen cai 190 lb friend shotgun

his car: 03 type s unbolted/ram air just himself

1st run: 1st gear roll @ 30MPH. i take a 1/2 car lead by 2nd gear and extend that lead to 1 car by the time i shift into 3rd. he slowly closed that lead so i'm only 1/2 car ahead and then we end it.

so i'm pretty happy

2nd run: from a dig... i launch at 5K. not my best launch...but i maintained above 4k. we're neck and neck until he pulls 1/4 of a car. i had 2 let off since he had the lead and the lane was merging.

what bothered me was that he said he didn't even get into his vtec in 1st gear. but we both chirped shifting into second. could he really chirp shifting at 6500? and why would it go into vtec in 2nd/3rd and not in first? it doesn't add up to me

last question: does a 190 lb passenger make a big difference? but then again...my gas light was on and the last bar went out after the 1st race. so my passenger was probably the same as a riding with a full tank.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Vtec works in all gears of that car, maybe he just short shifted for some reason?? He could of shifted early with and still chirped the tires, I can do from 1-2 without going into lift, so I gotta believe an rxs can too. But jeez thier second cam comes on at like 5600 or something like that right? I don't see how he couldn't have been in Vtec. Good runs anyway.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
flywheel and lsd and you could barely pass him? i figured it would be a close race with both cars stock but with the mods you had id think you'd put some lengths on him...next time kick him in the nuts before you race..garunteed win

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
one gallon of gas weighs around 5.8-6.3 pounds. Celicas have a 14 gallon tank, so even if you were loaded with gas, it would only be a 85 pound difference. Your 190 pound friend therefore made a very big difference, especially in a car that weighs 2600 lbs dry. He increased ur dry weight by like 7 percent. Tell him i think he is a fatass.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah..passenger and my launch...i definately need practice putting more power down since i have the lsd. i just havnt' practiced. and with ****ty tires, it makes it even harder. he's a close friend so we'll definatly have a rematch. this time without passengers and without my 70 lb kicker in the trunk

·
Registered
718 Posts
Passenger makes a huge difference in the GT-S and Type S. Ditch your friend and you should have pulled that Type S pretty nicely.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I walked a 02 rsx the other day by 2-3 cars. He was probly stock.. I have exhaust, intake mod, weight reduction

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
00gtsGETemHIGH said:
what bothered me was that he said he didn't even get into his vtec in 1st gear. but we both chirped shifting into second. could he really chirp shifting at 6500? and why would it go into vtec in 2nd/3rd and not in first? it doesn't add up to me
Sounds like the typical "I lost because my VtEc Yo! wasn't working" excuse ... :chuckles:

And yes, 190 pounds makes a BIG difference (no pun intended), especially in our already-lightweight cars.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
190 person will make a difference. what might have happened was that he spun pretty bad in first and instead of spinning he decided to get some traction at the cost of landing at lower rpms.... ive done something like that b4. its ghey but hey sometimes u gotta do it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
hondafighterGTS said:
190 person will make a difference. what might have happened was that he spun pretty bad in first and instead of spinning he decided to get some traction at the cost of landing at lower rpms.... ive done something like that b4. its ghey but hey sometimes u gotta do it.
That is why I love love love love AWD. :evil:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.