NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a place where they do good and clean kit installs in so cal? i need a good one considering that it's going to be a cf side skirt they are installing. so yeah, anyone heard of m1 autobody in el monte? that's wat i have in mind rite now. tell me if i should go somewhere else. thanks!

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Gardena autobody on Rosecrans did the work onmy Alltrac and they did a fantastic job - I was very happy with them. They also do all the Celebrity Grand Prix Celicas for Toyota - there were a couple there while my car was there. Their price was also very reasonable. I don't know if they do a lot of kits is the only thing.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Originally posted by Boosted2.0
Gardena autobody on Rosecrans did the work onmy Alltrac and they did a fantastic job - I was very happy with them. They also do all the Celebrity Grand Prix Celicas for Toyota - there were a couple there while my car was there. Their price was also very reasonable. I don't know if they do a lot of kits is the only thing.
what did they do? repaint the whole car? and if you don't mind asking how much did it cost ya?

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
jdm-style said:
what did they do? repaint the whole car? and if you don't mind asking how much did it cost ya?
They removed the entire roof and replaced it with a new one with no sunroof, replaced my right side rocker panel, replaced both front fenders, the front bumper and front bumper skin, replaced the hood, replaced the rear center panel, filled and smoothed 100% of the dents and dings on the car, and they then proceeded to do an incredible job on a full car sand and repaint.

I got a discount through a friend, and I provided all the parts. The total came to $3850 but we had agreed on $3500 so thats all they charged me. Given the quality and amount of the work they could have asked for $5000 and I wouldn't have complained, so I was super happy when they honored their original quite.

The only downside was they had the car for over 2 months, but since its my weekend car only it wasn't a big deal. Plus they let me pop in every week to check up on it and I was very pleased with their work allthrough the process - you can really tell they are factory trained by Toyota when you see the techniques they use and the quality of their work.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
wow, damn your car is practically brand spankin new now lol. you have their number by any chance? and do you know what kind of paint they used? thx !

They removed the entire roof and replaced it with a new one with no sunroof, replaced my right side rocker panel, replaced both front fenders, the front bumper and front bumper skin, replaced the hood, replaced the rear center panel, filled and smoothed 100% of the dents and dings on the car, and they then proceeded to do an incredible job on a full car sand and repaint.

I got a discount through a friend, and I provided all the parts. The total came to $3850 but we had agreed on $3500 so thats all they charged me. Given the quality and amount of the work they could have asked for $5000 and I wouldn't have complained, so I was super happy when they honored their original quite.

The only downside was they had the car for over 2 months, but since its my weekend car only it wasn't a big deal. Plus they let me pop in every week to check up on it and I was very pleased with their work allthrough the process - you can really tell they are factory trained by Toyota when you see the techniques they use and the quality of their work.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
No idea on what paint but the finish was great. Its whatever Toyota reccomends though I know that.

The phone number is (310) 323-7409 - the owners name is Tom

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
i got my car done at m1 autobody. they did a good job but a little bit pricey. just the installation and paint the whole body kit cost me $750.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
They removed the entire roof and replaced it with a new one with no sunroof
I wanna do this with my MR2, I want a roof with no T-Top. So damn hard to get in and out without banging my head on the roof :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so, i got my car done wat tpr and they are good. the install was good but the kit i had didn't fit too well. oh wells, tpr is :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
m1 sux... overcharged ... bad paint matching. some one tell me more about TPR.. location.. prices? insurance?

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
I would go to TPR but there are people that I dont like that hang there. I dont want them doing(stealing) anything to my car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
xav3x said:
m1 sux... overcharged ... bad paint matching. some one tell me more about TPR.. location.. prices? insurance?
location is in la puent off valley blvd, prices are resonable and yes he does insurance. ONE

1 - 17 of 17 Posts