NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here is the situation. I drive around with a CAI and the wheel well was ripped off. I have gone through some pretty heavy storms already and am sure I have sucked in either some water or dirt ( not enough to hydrolock so far ), so my question is , if I get an engine flush, will that clean out all the dirt and grime ( if there is any in there ) in the engine? If not waht is the purpose of an engine flush ?

· Registered
6,058 Posts
By engine flush, I belive that you are referring to an engine coolant flush. This would not help you if you sucked any of these things into the engine.

And just because this stuff may hit your filter, doesn't mean that it will get sucked into your engine. Even if it did, then it should have burned up in the combustion chambers. If it didn't, then your engine would be messed up by now. ;)

I bet that your throttle body is dirty at the very least. Search for tips on cleaning that along with the IAC valve which is in the throttle body.

Also, inspect your filter for tears or holes, and if none exist, then a good cleaning will suffice. Check the install section to learn how to do that.

If you are worried about your engine still, you can have a compression check done to see if it's running ok.

Also, some members would suggest that you use a product called Seafoam. You can clean your throttle body, along with many other things on your car with this stuff.

If you don't want to use it, then a rag and throttle body cleaner will suffice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.