NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the deal. I have a Celica GT-S (check my sig for specifics). It has a full blitz kit with an APR wing. Well, I'm sick of the blitz front so I am thinking of getting the Kam front. It's a little higher than my sides but the blitz is too low for Montana anyways. How do you think it will look? My next problem is that if I no longer have an agressive front then the agressive wing will look bad so if I go with the Kam front I will also ditch the APR wing. What do yu think? Also, does anyone have pics with Kam front and blitz sides? Thanks.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I dont think that will flow at all if your gonna go kam get the whole kit.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah but I will still have my Blitz (sort of) rear. Look how the indention in the Kam front lines up with the blitz sides and car body line. I think that flows well (except the rear). The way the rear on my car is done it lines up almost perfectly with the bottom of the sides.
Originally posted by black02gt
I dont think that will flow at all if your gonna go kam get the whole kit.
I would but when I was building my car (it was totaled when I bought it) we bonded the sides on. The other problem is that my paintjob is VERY difficult and time consuming to do and inorder to change the sides I would have to repaint the car. So untill we have enough free time to paint the car again, I want to get a Kam front and loose the wing.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Well if you have to keep the sides then I'd say get the front and rear like Kry's car. I think his car looks real good. As for the wing go with the kam wing or TRD maybe even the stock spoiler or even wingless.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd rather keep the blitz rear and sides together because they flow well on my car.
Let me rephrase my question:

Should I leave the car how it is (full blitz, apr wing) or should I switch to a Kam front and go wingless? Eventually however, I will have full Kam including race wing (maybe).

·
Registered
656 Posts
I would lose the wing for sure. Go wingless, kam race wing, or even the stock spoiler. If your going to get the full kit eventually you should just wait because you can get a better price on it buying the whole thing then having to buy seperate parts. So lose the wing A.S.A.P. but keep the blitz kit until you decide to get the whole kam kit.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I get the Kam front I will deffinately loose the wing. But if I keep the full blitz the wing will stay at least for now. I went wingless for a while and I just don't like the wingless look with the blitz front. It made my car look too long. When I built this car, I was the first one around my area to have an alluminum wing. All the little ricer hondas had the big tall figerglass wings with 18s and there were NO other blitz kits. This is why I got an alluminum wing, 17s, and a blitz. Since then there are more and more allum. wings showing up every day on pos cars, and there are about 5-6 other blitz kits around. That is the main reason that I want to change things up...I have always wanted to get different stuff then the ricer hondas. Now they have followed my lead so I have to go another route. As far as looks go, my car actually flows really well and the wing looks like it belongs. That aside, I need to change. For now though I am more interested in getting my struts, new tires, and a turbo so we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
640 Posts
what about bomex ? I don't know what blitz sides and rear look like but i like the look of the bomex front with a wing like yours. Maybe lower the car a little bit more also, if you get a new front. I just like the look of a lower car. Not slammed though

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by 1zz-fe ce|ica
what about bomex ? I don't know what blitz sides and rear look like but i like the look of the bomex front with a wing like yours. Maybe lower the car a little bit more also, if you get a new front. I just like the look of a lower car. Not slammed though
Well the blitz sits so low that I wouldn't be able to drive with a lower drop than I already have. I like the bomex but it won't work for me for 2 reasons:
1) Fiberglass is NOT and option for a front bumper in MT
2) I am trying to get away from the really agressive look (the blitz front with apr wing pretty agressive in my book)

That's why I am looking at the Kam front because it is urethane and has a less agressive look. I have been thinking about switching to tien springs but all the pictures that I have seen of them look like they are higher than my trd. This set of trd springs settled pretty low compared to most I think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts