NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YO people, wats up? Its been a while since ive been on the forum. I have really bad news, my engine is completely ruined. My brother was driving home one night and for no apparent reason, the car shut down and would not restart, the mechanic says there is nothing we could have done, the engine needs to be replaced. Does anyone know where i can find a new engine? And also, since i am replacing the engine, is there better engines that will fit or is it better to go back to the original GTS engine?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its sold, or is there more than one person? Anyone?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Arite ill stick with the 2zz, now i need to locate one. There are none in Barbados where i am from, our mechanic called Puerto Rico and he couldnt find any, i dont think he found any in Florida either. Can anyone please help?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks..it seems like 2000 model year engines are not popular. Should it even matter for me? Should i be able to get a 2001 or later model year engine?
 

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
Joined
·
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by ADF
Thanks..it seems like 2000 model year engines are not popular. Should it even matter for me? Should i be able to get a 2001 or later model year engine?
You can use any engine, but parts on the outside of the engine (ECU, throttle body, intake manifold, header) are different for different years. Like 01 or 02 has a slightly different intake manifold (mainly a bolt or two), 03 is drive by wire, 04-05 has air injection in the header, etc. The head and exhaust valves are different in 03+, but I believe you can still use any 00-01 ECU with it, as long as you swap out the throttle body, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So basically, it would be easier to get the year 2000 engine so that i wouldnt have to change the outside parts correct? But would there be any advantage to getting say an 04 engine for example? Maybe they run better or have been updated somehow?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,969 Posts
Blue Bomber said:
You can use any engine, but parts on the outside of the engine (ECU, throttle body, intake manifold, header) are different for different years. Like 01 or 02 has a slightly different intake manifold (mainly a bolt or two), 03 is drive by wire, 04-05 has air injection in the header, etc. The head and exhaust valves are different in 03+, but I believe you can still use any 00-01 ECU with it, as long as you swap out the throttle body, too.
air injection? what is that? was there an improvement in hp?
 

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
Joined
·
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by ADF
So basically, it would be easier to get the year 2000 engine so that i wouldnt have to change the outside parts correct? But would there be any advantage to getting say an 04 engine for example? Maybe they run better or have been updated somehow?
Nope, no real advantage. Besides, while the engine is out, replacing external parts is a breeze.
Originally posted by Vroom_Vroom
air injection? what is that? was there an improvement in hp?
Just for emissions. It flows fresh air into the exhaust gasses to help the cat burn the emissions in the gasses more efficiently.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Arite then..well i need to find me an engine.....and that seems to be stress..if any of you know where i should look, let me know...also, my car is a japanese car, not US...BUT, i just had an idea, it seems to be hell to get parts for my car from japan..and the parts in the US are always readily available, so what if i put in a US engine and changed the ECU one time to a PFC, the PFC is a complete replacement rite? So if i am correct, i upgrade my car one time while fixing it and i also would have a car that is easy to find parts for. What do you think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
anyone? damn cars, im gonna get me a yamaha R6..lol
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top