NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GTS needs a clutch and flywheel. I ordered a Exedy stage 1 clutch and i'm looking at the gripforce flywheel. I know their clutches suck but my thought is there isn't much that could go wrong with the one piece flywheel(chromoly 11.7 lbs) at 190$. The next closest flywheel is the fidenza at 350$ (aluminum).
It's my DD and i need it up soon.

What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
My GTS needs a clutch and flywheel. I ordered a Exedy stage 1 clutch and i'm looking at the gripforce flywheel. I know their clutches suck but my thought is there isn't much that could go wrong with the one piece flywheel(chromoly 11.7 lbs) at 190$. The next closest flywheel is the fidenza at 350$ (aluminum).
It's my DD and i need it up soon.

What do you guys think?
I did quite a bit of research and ended up choosing an Aasco flywheel, which I had installed with a TRD (USA) clutch and a Quaife LSD. What I found was a complaints about the Fidanza, but everybody I could find had had no problems with the Aasco. I got it at HPF. So far - sick! Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. I want to know if i should go with the F1 flywheel, i've seen 500hp 350's use them, and my celica is never gonna go over 135ft/lbs.
The fidanza and the others cost over 350$, and they say it meets sfi specs, and the other thing good or bad is that its made of chromoly(same as stock) and the difference is like 1.5lbs from stock weight of 13lbs.
The thing that concerns me is that they only have a 90 day warranty, I would imagine if they had more confidence in their product it would be more than that.
Let me know what you guys think

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
fidanza best. lightest and dont wear like the others and you dont have to resurface. you just buy the replacement inserts :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was also thinking about getting one from standard flywheel. My local parts dealer has one in stock. He says they are re-manufactured flywheels, back to original condition. And i get a refund if i get the core back. I want his clutch to last long, im not gonna drag or race, may be autox sometimes, My problem is that the website tells me it weighs 20lbs, whereas the stock is 13lbs. If they were re-manufacturing from the cores how are they getting it heavier. I e-mailed them. I'll post when they reply.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
get fidanza. you will be happier that way. plus a lightweight flywheel will help with lowering the weight on rotational assembly ( easier on the motor and clutch). and i dd my car with my fidanza. so no worries

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
southbend also carries the fidanza flywheel. i believe they have the best price

1 - 7 of 7 Posts