NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help guys. To make the story short, ive been trying to sell my car for the last month or so. the car has been listed on ebay like 3 times or so. So ive decided to try autotrader.com. I got a call early this morning, it was some guys he wanted to know if i was still selling my car, so i said yes. i told him the price which was not in his range and he mentioned to me that the car was also listed on autoweb.com for like 5thousand dollars less then what i told the guy. The thing is i never posted my car on this site. so i went on the website and i found my car, my picture, my vin # etc. so i called the comapany and told them what happend so they took the ad off their website. while at work i put my vin # in google search and found another listing for my car at the same price as the autoweb.com, the name of the website is carbuyer.com i just sent them an email requesting the ad to be taking off the site. Is there a claim that i can submit some where or something like that. I need suggestions on what to do.

thanks in advance
V

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, heres the thing, you arent really being scammed, but your car is being used in a scam. Theres a difference. I think the only thing you can do is ask them to remove them from those other sites. Maybe find out who you are supposed to contact to buy your car on those other sites and ask them to stop.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes this suxs big time, i wouldnt know about this if the person that called me didnt tell me. im still waiting for this other site to take the ad off their website. i also called the number that was listed in the ad but the guy who answered said he wasnt selling any car

·
Registered
600 Posts
That's crazy. What could somebody do to scam people like this though?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
sell your car to carmax.. sorry, i'm in a whoring mood .. that sucks with what's going on .. you should contact your local law enforcement, surgent general and county prosecutor!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i went to the police station yesterday and told them what happend and they said there is nothing they can do about this

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
For all you know the guy who contacted you posted your vin number in a phony ad to try to scam you. Just say sorry man that's someone trying to scam you. The price is $XXXXX.XX take it or leave it.

Problem solved.

·
Registered
600 Posts
So what happens? He gets someone to give him more for the car than what your asking, and then turns around and buys it from you for your asking price? I still don't get how else someone could benefit from this unless they are going try to take the money and run.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
the guy was trying to get some deposit money and run ..

you shouldn't go to the police department because they have absolutely no idea what to do ..

contact your local prosecutor and see what can be done .. provide them with all the info to track this guy down ..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts