NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys i was wondering if any of you would have any advice with helping me move my battery to my trunk, such as where to run the postive cable what to wrap in in. I have the battery moving kit from summit. So i was just windering what the best way to install the kit.

·
Registered
470 Posts
This would be better to ask in the car audio area (they play with the battery location stuff).

You said you bought a kit from Summit correct? Doesnt it have detailed directions? All I would emphasize is "when you drill a hole to pass your positive cable through sheet metal, be sure to have a plastic grommet inbetween the metal and cable... Also do the same when it passes any sharp edges."

This will prevent a major problem!

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
You'll also need a vented sealed battery box, unless you like sniffing battery fumes. ;)

BTW, you can just pass the positive cable through the same route as the hood release cable. It enters the engine bay right near the stock battery position, and requires no cutting. Adding a fuse on the cable in the engine bay is also a good idea.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Blue Bomber said:
You'll also need a vented sealed battery box, unless you like sniffing battery fumes. ;)
Unless you use a drycell batterie, they dont produce any battery fumes ..

You can also save weight by the meen time if you choose a batterie similar to a Odyssey PC680. Just don't go this way if you're going to drive some audio stuff with it ..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts