NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BlackSea edition.
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, i know a few of you have the center console wrapped in CF.
My question is the following:
Is it wrapped around the edges too or just the front of it? since the cf wrapping adds around 1mm-1.5mm and the center console is quite a "flush" fit straight from the manufacturer and i am thinking that if i wrap the sides (edges) too it won't fit back in the dash ... Any further pictures would really help (I.e. if you have pictures of the BACK of your skinned center console) ...

thanks in advance !

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Depends on who does it and how good of a job. On most consoles I've had wrapped it does add some thickness but not enough to keep it from snapping in place. The issue arises around the buttons for the AC. Every console i've had wrapped i've had to dremmel out those buttons

·
BlackSea edition.
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so only the faceplate is wrapped? or is it wrapped around the edges too? (outside speaking)... do you have any photos ?

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
around the edges as well. For the digital climate control i have one of those wrapped in c/f as well (EE friends still havent finished the board.) Topshop was able to wrap it and leave the lcd screen visible as that is the most challenging part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts