NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need help on filters.

This may be a stupid question to some, but I just do not know. Are the injen filters for the short ram supposed to be oiled after cleanings? Also I am in the market for a new fiter, but search and searched and could not find the size of that dame fiter, anyone knows it?
Thanks

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nevermind on the cleaning and oiling, I found that you do need to reoil it and just use the k&N filter cleaning kit. But what is the pipe size of the intake, 2.5 or 3? It is 5"tall, 5" around the bottom and 4" inches on the top right?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
2.75 inches I believe.

You may want to look into AEM dryflow filters.

No oil, great filtration, less restriction.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have been using a K&N filter that might be great for a SRI. I have been having problems with it and a CAI situation. I'm building a "box" for that.

The filter is larger and the Injen/K&N filter look like second rate APC/ABC products compared. The size is 2.75".

I don't believe the dryflow is a sponge and all the talk.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so the piping is 2.75 then, does it matter if I do get a different size filter, but with the same pipe diamiter?

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
if you have a CAI dont go with the dryflow unless it NEVER rains where you live. We had 3-4 days of super downpour when i lived in the mountains. My filter was soaked to the touch and when I pulled the filter off later that day to change it...I had a small lake in the last bend of my AEM cai just sitting there. I am lucky i didnt hydrolock the motor because it wouldn't go over 5800rpms and thats how i found out something was wrong.

Stick with an oiled filter, it may require cleaning of the MAF and filter more often, but its worth it to me after the experience I was drug through after these filters first came out. I picked one up at nopi last year, had it on two weeks before all this happened.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts