NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i live in australia so i cant find a gt-s or gt .. but instead here we sell sx and zr.. ar these model the same as gt and gt-s???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
o0o ok kewl.. it does contain 1.8L twin-cam VVTL-i engine int eh zr model.. thnx for the help.. but both model contains the vvtli engine.. haha.. the onli difference is zr has ront side airbags, anti-lock brakes with electronic brake force distribution, front projector-type fog lights and drilled alloy 'sports' pedals and electircal moon roof.. so i guess both cars are qually powerful.. "delivering an energising 140kW of power at 7600rpm and 180Nm
of torque at 6800rpm.".. is taht the same as the gt-s?

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
are you sure both models have the vvtLi? and not vvti?

·
Registered
183 Posts
in aus we dont have the gt model. we only have gts that come in 2 different ways: the basix sx or the more aesthetically different zr that has extra features like airbags and abs, sports pedals and sunroof. I got sx, still got lift.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ooo. kewl.. so both sx n zr are equally powerfull.. does those extra feature actually make a big difference?

·
Registered
183 Posts
well...side airbags would maje a dif if u were tboned... but personally i dont think the extra bucks attached to the zr are worth it. Cos u could pretty it up urself. no point paying extra for rims and pedals when in the end ur probly gunna do it urself anyway... the extra bucks could buy u a cai and exhaust...with a bit left over i think, but depends on how cheap u can get ur zr for.

·
Registered
634 Posts
k0e1 said:
i live in australia so i cant find a gt-s or gt .. but instead here we sell sx and zr.. ar these model the same as gt and gt-s???
They BOTH have VVTL-i engine (GT-S in the US), producing close to 190hp....

only differences are the more optional goodies you have with the ZR.....

·
Registered
634 Posts
k0e1 said:
ooo. kewl.. so both sx n zr are equally powerfull.. does those extra feature actually make a big difference?
as a matter of fact, the extra goodies make the car heavier!!! provided the SX has same body styling with the ZR, but with less goodies, it shuold have lesser kerb weight, thus faster acceleration (in theory).

·
Registered
634 Posts
k0e1 said:
thanks for all ur help.. i'll get a sx instead then.. hehe cheaper as well...
Yep... i think it'll be a good choice.... the $5000 or so differences (between the SX and ZR) could buy you a lot of performance stuffs

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
detasemen88 said:
k0e1 said:
They BOTH have VVTL-i engine (GT-S in the US), producing close to 190hp....

only differences are the more optional goodies you have with the ZR.....
Damn, first the 190hp, then 6-speed transmissions are offered with GT's, and now 2ZZ-GE engines are standard with no option for the 1ZZ-FE? Man, being in the United States sucks sometimes.

:sadpace:

·
Registered
634 Posts
LightningRod said:
Damn, first the 190hp, then 6-speed transmissions are offered with GT's, and now 2ZZ-GE engines are standard with no option for the 1ZZ-FE? Man, being in the United States sucks sometimes.

:sadpace:

No no no... LightningRod.... they don't have 1ZZ-FE is OZ, all are 2ZZ GE, and they are all GT-S Celicas, available in 6 Speed manual or 4 speed auto GT-S. what differ them is the accessories and features (SX and ZR) such as side airbags or ABS, drilled sport pedals, bodykits, u know all those things the dealers can make money from.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts