NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gf's celica clutch is really bad...i mean bad. I dont have enough know how or time to do it for her so if anyone who have done their clutch replacement before and want to do this please let me know....you will be paid accordingly. She have a 2001 GTS 6spd..everything is there for you just come or we come to you and do the installation. She need her car and doesnt have the money for the a shop or the dealer to do it right now, plus its aftermarket clutch too so they are not happy about doing it.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
its a shame Slava and I have grown up and moved out of our parents houses or else we would probably be all over this like the old days. Now the both of us barely have enough time to keep up with our own cars.

To be honest with you, the amount of labor involved in changing it would be just about what a shop would charge you. Are you keeping the same flywheel or did you buy another?

·
Registered
321 Posts
i'm afraid to do anything big like this to anything thats not mine or a close friends car...

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
xeril said:
i'm afraid to do anything big like this to anything thats not mine or a close friends car...
joo can do it.

When we converted dougs car from an auto to a manual Slava and I didnt know if it would even work, but it does. Do it.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alrite i guess ya cant really help me huh?....yea shes keepin the same Fidanza flywheel that she has.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
did my clucth yesterday (used a fork lift to get the front end up cause its lowered) wasnt that bad at all, had no major problems, and didnt even take out the stuff that the guide said to, took about 6 hours total time, whats your location "looksfast" i will see what i can do, also how low is the car?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Hey man, as long as you have something to support the engine and tranny, its nothing more that unbolting sh!t and putting it back together. It just takes a little time. I did mine on my 93 celica gt, had no problems until it came to putting the driver-side axel back in....god thats a PITA. Stupid C clip. Anyway, just keep your bolts together by references....tranny housing, starter bolts, ect. Its really not hard, just time consuming. ****, i even did mine in the gravel driveway, AND put the tranny up with my hands when i got underneath it....granted, i did have my brother helping to align it to the block, but if you have something supporting it, you can do it by yourself.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ah Celicarasr... YGPM

·
Registered
321 Posts
if it was a 4th-6th gen celica, i'd be all over it. those are easy to work on.. i've just never done major engine work on a 2zz or 1zz..

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
xeril said:
if it was a 4th-6th gen celica, i'd be all over it. those are easy to work on.. i've just never done major engine work on a 2zz or 1zz..
Its not bad. Once you get the plastics and the battery area crap out of the way its halfway done. The axles can be a pain but its whatever.

·
Registered
321 Posts
i guess i'll take a look at my dads car as soon as he gets home from overseas in a day or two..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts