NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guy i got my car from the guy working on my head, and helping me with my broken rocker. I inspected the car and find this hose, its a metal line like how the fuel line is, and its just open right there next to the battery. I thought it might be some type of vacuum or fuel related. BUt my car idles fine, gas mileage seems to have gone down a bit. here are some pics, it goes metal line to a rubber line and it has two clamps on it like something used to go there. Mechanic said it was my CAI that deleted the use of it but i have never seen that line in my life. Thanks for the help guys.

any ideas? thank you

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well thing is i check my CAI first. and nada. Everything is all connected. Mechanic said he never touched it in the first place. And its like right next to the battery hovering above the tranny

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
03GTSTRD do you have that hard metal line by the battery tuning to a rubber line going to the CAI?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
k thanks let me go check one more time. brb

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol hey 03GTSTRD i got it thanks, lol the line was hiding under the ECU and better. Do you think it would affect my gas mileage? an yeah it hooked right up thanks

·
Registered
6,705 Posts
lol hey 03GTSTRD i got it thanks, lol the line was hiding under the ECU and better. Do you think it would affect my gas mileage? an yeah it hooked right up thanks
I am glad I was able to help you man!:thumbup:

I am not sure but I would think that line being loose could have caused a drop in gas mileage.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm maybe lol thanks again lol can close thread :)

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Its supposed to hook to the green service port for the EVAP system

It was probably causing an unmetered vacuum leak actually which would have been causing misfire, which would probably have been affecting your gas mileage as well.

Over time it can also cause your cat to die.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Interesting...Might be what's causing my issue as well, from what Boosted2.0 said it lines up perfectly with what's goin on in my celi. Now if only it'd warm up a little over sub-arctic temperatures so i can take a look-see.. >.>;

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.