NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CEL code P2441 is secondary air injection system valve stuck closed. I am thinking it has to do with the EGR system (04 GTS). I have a custom CAI with build-in nipples for both vacuum hoses attachced to the intake tube (similar to way they are attached to the stock airbox). This CEL is not listed, so I think the car needs to go to the dealer for inspection. However, I thought someone in here may know this CEL for the Celica. Any info is appreciated.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
There should only be one vacuum hose attached to the CAI. The rest of the hoses from the intake manifold need to stay in their original configuration, except the one from the butterfly valve needs to be capped off at the blue vacuum switching valve. That's probably your problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blue Bomber said:
There should only be one vacuum hose attached to the CAI. The rest of the hoses from the intake manifold need to stay in their original configuration, except the one from the butterfly valve needs to be capped off at the blue vacuum switching valve. That's probably your problem.
I am aware that after market CAIs only have one nipple on the tube (only for the EVAP hose). I thought I try to keep both because they are air hoses getting air from the stock airbox. May be I am wrong. I'll try to follow your sugestion and report back if the CEL is off. And thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As I mentioned on July 5, 2006, here is the update to CEL P2441:

My car is weird. I followed Blue Bomber's suggestion (just like installing any aftermarket intake) and the CEL came back on after two days. Then I plugged back in the hose to the little nipple again (as mentioned on the first post), but this time bypass the blue vacuum switch valve. The CEL has not come back for almost a month (about 4,000 miles of driving). For some unknown reason, my car pops up that CEL code if that small vacuum hose is capped. I thought I give an update for this code in case anyone may need it in the future.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,530 Posts
You probably have/had the wrong electrical connector attached to the EVAP purge solenoid.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sorry to rehash this thread. I have the same problem. I have looked at the Tundra forums and I have a gen 1 AEM. I have had a CEL ever since I installed the thing, but no loss of power. I just had my car coded with a P2441 at the emissions testing facility and now I have to get my car fixed...

The post above explains that the wrong electrical connector could cause the CEL to appear if the blue vacuum switching valve is capped?

I don't have the blue connector on the solenoid. I have one of the other connectors from the stock AB on there now. It has been so long that I have no idea what I have where and how it is supposed to really be hooked up. What about the hoses to the left? are they supposed to be capped as well? I stuck a hose on the switching valve and tie strapped it and stuck a screw in it. I think that it is pretty well capped off.

I will try a few connectors, but If I post some pics can someone please help???

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts