NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well long story short I have a 00' gt-s and let a friend borrow it and he messed it up. He said he over reved it a few times...
The engine turns but makes a very nasty noise like something is loose inside and then shuts off...
The exhaust fumes smell like gas. The smell is so strong that if i lite a match the fumes would lite up...
I'm getting different opinions from differnt shops. Some say it overheated, some say bent rods ..The majority say it needs a valve job, what do you guys think?
I would appreciate any of your opinions
Thanks in advance:(

·
HSD + VVTL-i = 53X
817 Posts
This is why I NEVER let friends drive my car, cause they fvck up ur car cause its not theirs, and they dont give a fvck...you should make him pay for it.:bang:

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
he's diffidently paying for it. it just sucks cause I just bought a brand new engine about a year ago. It only has about 6.5K miles...
how would I go about fixing it? What would I need to do?
Should I rebuild it?

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
you bring me the car and i tear out the engine, ill tell you exactly whats wrong with it. or just buy another engine. shops dont know their head from their ass when it comes to the 2ZZ

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
This is why I NEVER let friends drive my car, cause they fvck up ur car cause its not theirs, and they dont give a fvck...
^I agree lol.

IMO sounds like your rods are fvckd. Live close to smay have him sort it out. Like he said most shops dont know the diff between there ass and a 2zz lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts