NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup all,
Need some help.. this may be lame but I need your suggestions.

I've been noticing this odd sound for the last few days, quite obvious with windows open. It sounds like gravel or such at uneven intervals getting clunked around somewhere in the front i think on the driver side... Now I've pulled back at the plastic lining in the wheel wells next to the inner edge of where the clear corners are to see if i can find anything... but nothing... I've had a friend or two try to narrow this down but all i can get out of them is a confused expression on their face, sayin I think it's comin from the driver side... big help they are... lol. BTW they're standing a good 20 -30 feet back, down to about 1-2 feet as i roll up in neutral and off the clutch.

Any suggestions where to look or how to take the plastics off the bottom of the car in the front to take a peek? This is quite an annoyance, as well I don't want this little rock or whatever the hell it is to do any damage to the internals. Thnx in advance.

Last thing i wanna do is goto the dealer to see if they can find it and come out with a bill for $100+ for a damn rock or hard piece in there. Thnx again.

·
Registered
578 Posts
before you do anything crazy, take off all your bottom panels. they pop right off, you can figure it out.

it could be something as simple as a small rock rolling around as you accellerate/brake.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea.. the only concern I have is that it seems like it's getting thrown against the insides. it's not rolling around.

the best way to explain is, you know when you're driving through a construction area and there's loose gravel that gets thrown against the wheel well? it's pretty damn close to that sound except there's only one-two clinks at a time at uneven intervals about 2 sec apart. Thnx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts