NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing an intercooler and all of the piping for a gt..having trouble finding someone to sell me it without the turbo kit which i obviously dont need. If anyone has any info, please inform me, thanks

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Will be hard since the turbo's require other pipings. SF and DD kit's piping are routed upwards, because the compressor outlet is facing up.

C2 piping are being routed optimally and with best corners and shortest length to flow the air through. The turbo that is used in the C2 kit is facing down. The compressor outlet that is.

Anyways, you probally need custom piping to fit yours.

·
Registered
772 Posts

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Greddy universal intercooler piping is on back order. I had a customer call and ask for that and I believe Greddy no longer makes it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Turbo performance kit and it routes both pipes on top because the inlet and the outlet to the intercooler is on the same side of the intercooler,, they gave me the flex pipe to somehow route it to the front ... and it looks like ass so thats not going to work.. i ended up just putting the filter on the end of the turbo which is between the firewall and the engine, so just looking for a new intercooler kit.. since mine is only 9x12x3

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Originally posted by turboceli2003
i ended up just putting the filter on the end of the turbo which is between the firewall and the engine
Sounds like Smaay's XS kit... I do believe routing the air intake to the old position of the airbox would help in performance. Colder air will be sucked in and so more performance.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats exacly why i need a new intercooler kit, i can believe that there is not a company that is not mass producing these kits so that i dont have to piece it to make it work

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I already asked SF to make new piping for the Turbo Performance kit but he said that it would take a lot of time because it is like no other pipe routing out there. Last I dealt with TP, they recommended relocating the battery to the truck so that you can put your intake pipe and filter there.

Richard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts