NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am going to be lost when putting these on. I am assuming the manual will be in Japanese which is a problem. I mean I know I can put them on the car but if they are not assembled I wil have no idea what height they recommend with them or what the dampening is supposed to be set at or anything like that. Anyone able to help me here or provide some guidance? If they are put together already is there a need to go back and check anything, like torque specs? I don't want to ruin a $1600+ set of coilovers because I could not understand the parameters of the install. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Justin

I cannot even find out how low these will allow me to go. Can someone direct me to a site or something? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
the install should be universal just like any other coilover system for the celica...just get some instructions on how to install springs for the celica if you cant find them for c-one...install is just like any other coilover for the celica....as far as dampening goes, most people and i have them fully soft in the front and hard in the back.......with dampening you need to adjust as you go and get a feel for them and see what its you the most........

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but I need to know height requirements mainly. For example, I need to know if there is a recommended height and how low/high they will go safely without messing them up.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
call kamispeed..they will know.....they seem to be very helpful if your looking for info on specs

·
Registered
716 Posts
I agree also. The should come preassembled. Just put in and go to a go shop to set them up.

You should be asking yourself how low, how much damping, how much camber, how much etc..

That's all dependent on your driving habits and roads.

Remember 2 inches and go around that up or down a tad.

I recommend the professional $300-$400 to get them set up, alignment and corner weighted and balanced after the install. Give the shop specs from this site if not sure at first.

Good luck with the coilovers. I'm jealous, but I wish you the best of luck with them. I'm sure you will notice a huge difference between the old coilovers and don't get discouraged if they seem too stiff because I can take them off of your hands.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
^^yeah thats true....im shure you wont go anywhere more than 2 inches or any higher........

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thor said:
I agree also. The should come preassembled. Just put in and go to a go shop to set them up.

You should be asking yourself how low, how much damping, how much camber, how much etc..

That's all dependent on your driving habits and roads.

Remember 2 inches and go around that up or down a tad.

I recommend the professional $300-$400 to get them set up, alignment and corner weighted and balanced after the install. Give the shop specs from this site if not sure at first.

Good luck with the coilovers. I'm jealous, but I wish you the best of luck with them. I'm sure you will notice a huge difference between the old coilovers and don't get discouraged if they seem too stiff because I can take them off of your hands.
Are you saying I should set them up to have dropped the car two inches and then work from there or what? I am a little lost as to what you were saying. As far as getting them set-up, I wish there was a one stop shop around me but unfortunately I will have to go to two different places to get the car corner balanced and then an alignment. Will corner balancing mess up an alignment? And also what shop specs are you talking about? Thanks.

Justin

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
http://www.tein.com/ti/inst/2y70u.pdf

tein has a pretty good write up on how to adjust, same one in the install guide i believe. I would just install the coilovers and set it to desired height then drive it to a shop to get aligned. Dampening should be done by you and how you want your car to feel.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I was just concerned with the height thing especially since coilovers like the TRD set-up can only be used at a certain height or higher for them to perform right. That is what I was trying to figure out. Then again from looking at these a second time I don't think the shaft is threaded enough for you to drop below 2 inches which is good. I was just trying to find the height range of these. Like Teins are like 3/4" drop from stock all the way to 2.5" or something, safely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.