NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k, k, so i'd like some opinions on y'all wheel peoples here..i have to make a decision in about a month..here's the deal:

i need new tires, going a lil bigger so i'm thinking at least $420 on all four (Toyo FZ4 215/45 - some say 225 stick out)..now the thing is that i'm missing one screw on every center cap off of my RH M5's, and rolling with out one because i lost it on the highway..i have extra center caps but no extra screws :mad: its been hella hard to locate those freakin' screws..plus all the rims are kinda scratched in some fashion...some way down the road, i guess i went from babying them to just getting phucked :(

so i'm debating on whether i should:
A. get new tires on the same rims
B. get new tires with a later purchase of rims and have them demounted/mounted
C. get new rims..

i'm concerned whether the cost of demounting/mounting and risk of shop scratching the wheels if i go with option B...i want black Racing Hart wheels this time around, and the only ones that i know of are the Z5000's..the fact that they are played out in the celica world is a factor because i like being as unique as possible. i saw they have some gunmetalish rims, but i don't want end up being 50% satisfied. i saw that the CP8s now also come in black too..i wanted to go with Racing Hart instead of R Evolution just because i don't really like the colors on the centercap, but what can you do! i also prefer 5 spokes too..

technically i could afford new rims, but then again, i probab;y shouldn't.

what's a person to do?!

CP8

Z5000

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
if u have the money, just get tires and rims. if not, just get Rims only. it doesnt cost thoat much to mount and dismount, but some shops i been to didnt really hand the wheels well, and i have a few scrathces on my rims.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have 17s...i haven't come across a good powdercoating place in orlando...most of the time they are overcharging too..:( that was my original plot.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
xNiNjAx said:
Heh...sucks to not live in Ca. I'd go with the CP8s. They look like dope racing wheels. z5000s too played out too.
good point, it seems everyone and their grandma has the z5000s on this site and a couple in orlando...something to consider...

thanks efren.

·
Registered
438 Posts
name one celica around here that you've seen w/ black z5k? or anycar w/ black z5k?, true the silver and whites are popular but i've never seen the blacks ones on any car....

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cubador said:
name one celica around here that you've seen w/ black z5k? or anycar w/ black z5k?, true the silver and whites are popular but i've never seen the blacks ones on any car....
x-evil-x...but he lives in AZ :p

good point my friend...i'mm try to hold out till end of may so i can at least pay half cash. hopefully i won't blow a tire till then :ugh:

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
xevilx powder coated his rims, luna are if you are getting rid of your M5's are you willing to sell them. I wouldnt need the tires

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Game said:
xevilx powder coated his rims, luna are if you are getting rid of your M5's are you willing to sell them. I wouldnt need the tires
same difference...

tires are gonna go anyways so i'd only sell for the rims. i'm not sure, i think kat has dibbs..though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.