NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting ready to purchase coilovers tomorrow. Now Ive been looking into them for a while now, on my other car I had lowering springs so Im kinda hesitant on how the ride quality is gonna be. I cant decide which to do, either to : A. Go with Tein basics, which are 850$ and are ride height adjustable but not damping adj. or B. Skunk2's with Kyb Agx 350 +360 for the shocks, which are ride height adjustable and I can control the damping force on them. I know the ride quality of the teins will be much better, but I need suspension that is extra stiff. Im not sure how the spring rate is on the teins. If I go with skunk2 and the spring rate isnt stiff enough, I can always adjust it. So Im in a little bit of a bind and want to hear you guys' opinions. So let me know what you think. -Griffin

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im thinkin I'll prolly go with the skunk2's, but Id like to hear from someone who has the tein basics and see what they think. Not sure anyone on here even has them, being as though they just came out.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where can I get info on the Bilstien's? Im kinda interested in those. If I can, Id like to go with a fully adjustable coilover than a sleeved obviously, its just theyre hard to find for under a 1000$+

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You cant adjust the damper force on them. If I was gonna get some that werent fully adjustable, Id get the TEIN basics. Thanks anyways though.

Now Im still tore between the two and Im starting to lose sleep over this. I need to just pick one and stop blabbing. Does anyone know the range of height and the spring rate of the tein basics? It would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.