NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wired in a new HU yesterday and it worked fine and today it will not power up. Also, the clock does not work now. Checked the fuses...and they all seemed OK...what is the deal? Something seems really fvcked up..if its not a fuse what is it? There is only one radio fuse on the passenger side and I replaced it with a spare just in case and it still doesnt work..help?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I would open the dash again and check all your connections, thats another thing I LOVE about the celica, I couldnt believe how easy it was to install a new HU.

While I doubt it, but just incase I would check the wiring, it may have gotten pinched or broken..

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked inside the dash and everything seems OK, I also rechecked my wiring on the cd player and that seems OK as well..No I did not bite any power off from the clock but looking at the wiring they seem to flow from the same power. Any other ideas? I already made an appointment with Toyota, but I do not know if this is warranty work or not... ugh

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
how did you hook up the unit, harness or jus spliced wires together? jus curious

by the way, it definitely sounds like a blown fuse. double check all of the electrical related fuses. sometimes it gets confusing because two or three fuses work for the same things.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Harness. Anyway, I went to Toyota today, and they said there is power going to the unit but it is still not coming on. They want to swap my HU out for another Stock HU being shipped in, even though I specifically said it was not the HU because I bought aftermarket and it still did not work. Anyone else have any idea if the unit is getting power and not turning on? (Loose wire, etc) I'm getting sick of dealing with Toyota Service..its gonna be a week for the damn new cd player...useless

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Umm, there should still be a fuse for the ignition circuit going into the radio and clock. If ever in doubt, check ALL the fuses in the car and under the hood.

Curt

·
Registered
333 Posts
I did this, there are 4 fuzes in the fuze box by the shifter called "multi fuzes". The're larger than normal. Look in your manual cause one powers the clock, radio and dome lights... that's ther one you blew. Catch is, you can only get em from Toyota and the're 4 bucks each. Bastards!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Ohh, you have a spare under the hood by the ECU fuzebox!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts