NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this issue with my car vibrating and screeching sounds when I'm disengaging from first is getting worse with more and more driving. I don't know what it can be exactly. I've heard of a clutch plate, heat shield, oil starvation. I've done some checking around of myself and the oil is fine, just needs changed since it's dark. The heat shield doesn't seem to be loose since I tried budging it today. I haven't check the clutch out since I'm not at all experience in this field.

Now, i've called the toyota dealership by me and I explained the symptons to a service advisor. I asked them if I can have a tech drive since he would immediately hear what I'm talking about when I'm disengaging from 1st gear. They told me that it would be fine to do that, but they can only acknowledge the sound and not exactly what wrongs with it without leaving at the garage. I asked them how much would it cost to diagnose it and they told me it would cost me $53.20 plus tax. Now the cost is not that much of an issue, I was just wondering what this testing entailed or what exactly would they do to find out exactly what's making these sounds? I don't expect them to rip apart my tranny for $53.20.

So if anyone knows partly what they would be doing that would greatly help. Any other information on these issues or work that may be needed to correct my issues will be a great help as well.

Hector.

P.S. On another note, I have notice troubles with engaging in gears or rough shifting. Sometimes I have to rev my car to about 2.5=3k to engage smoothly without any sounds and even then the engagement is a little rough.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Might be your syncros i had a problem with them in second gear after a while my tranny took a dump on me had to dish out a grand to get it repaired.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tragic said:
Might be your syncros i had a problem with them in second gear after a while my tranny took a dump on me had to dish out a grand to get it repaired.
Excuse my ignorance, but when replacing a clutch does that also include syncro replacement, or are syncros an individual part?

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,530 Posts
hl'sceligts said:
So this issue with my car vibrating and screeching sounds when I'm disengaging from first is getting worse with more and more driving.
This screeching happening when your depressing the clutch pedal or when you're shifting?

If clutch... sounds like throwout bearing
or your tranny could be low on oil?

hl'sceligts said:
Excuse my ignorance, but when replacing a clutch does that also include syncro replacement, or are syncros an individual part?
Synchros are internal to the transmission.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2way said:
This screeching happening when your depressing the clutch pedal or when you're shifting?

If clutch... sounds like throwout bearing
or your tranny could be low on oil?

Synchros are internal to the transmission.
The screeching is happening when I'm depressing the clutch pedal, not when shifting.

Are synchros purchased seperately and is this an expensive job? Do you recommend purchasing a clutch if needed in order to do the job all at once?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone know what is causing the screeching sound when depressing the clutch?

Also, are the syncros a seperate part from the clutch? If so, what would be an average estimate of what it would cost to install the syncros?

Thanks again everyone!

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,530 Posts
Have you tried greasing the clutch linkage to the clutch fork?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2way said:
Have you tried greasing the clutch linkage to the clutch fork?
To be honest with you, I'm not even sure where that is located. If you could take a picture of it and tell me what specific grease I must use, I'll give it a try? Then I'll let let you know of the results.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts