NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Chris
2000 Celica GTS, 1998 4Runner, 2008 Infiniti FX35
184 Posts
No, its not hard at all! It could be a little pricey though. I don't think u can change the tachometer itself, but people are always selling the whole gauge cluster here all the time and usually pretty cheap!

The pricey part is paying the dealer to change the mileage on the odometer, to your mileage. I don't think anyone has the authority to change the mileage other then the dealer.

You don't want to skip the programing part though.... If u go too long with out programing, like 10,000 or 15,000 miles or maybe less, ur car could be branded as a T.M.U. (true mileage unkown) for the rest of the life of the vehicle!

·
Chris
2000 Celica GTS, 1998 4Runner, 2008 Infiniti FX35
184 Posts
^^ It's a 9-14 year old car. Mileage don't mean a whole lot. Good chance it would be lower.
Yes very true.... If it were my car with 170,000 I would just change the cluster and call it a day.

I was just stating the programming part in case this was a low mileage car we are talking about. Mileage really does count more then age, the link below is a 2000 with low mileage sold for just under 10,000 about 5 days ago and located in Lake Havasu City, AZ of all places! LOL :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTmDiPSGpnM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.