NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car is my g/f's 01 gts. It's has the typical burnt/slipping clutch smell comming from it. I wanted to see what you guys would reccomend for a good replacment slight performance clutch. The current one has 66k on it which IMHO sucks for clutch life, but from post's on this board might not be too bad for a celica. I am primarily looking for a long lasting clutch with a stock feel. I would like to get at least 100k out of one.

Also what should she look for in install cost? We need the car back on the road as soon as possible so I am taking it to a shop. I would normally do it myself, but with school and her prepping for the GRE next week neither one have time to mess with it.

RPS or ACT look to be a good choice. Does anyone know were we could order from and get a clutch overnighted?

Thanks very much for the help.

·
Registered
490 Posts
stay w/ stock, unless ur going F/I there's no need for a heavy duty clutch. if you do go aftermarket don't get TRD. i daily drove my trd clutch on SF hills and the freakin' pressure plate broke. the clutch disk still had good wear, but TRD has no clue about their products as they are all re-badged.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I Have a RPS MAX street clutch, They advertise 60% stiffer pedal feel, but it only feels a tad bit stiffer then stock pedal feel, but it sure does grab DAMN hard.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I had a SPEC Stage 2 installed in my GT yesterday (fits GTS too) and it holds 260 lb/ft torque, but the pedal pressure is less than the standard clutch

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Everyone I know that has the TRD Japan seems happy with it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I can overnight, u got pm

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
RXvedub said:
I can overnight, u got pm
Can you next day RPS stuff? Don't need any just now but this is good info to have :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Does the TRD japan clutch kit include a flywheel? If not, which kind of flywheel is best for the TRD clutch? Im thinkin about getting a Exedy clutch, anyone know how they compare? How much does the TRD japan clutch retail for?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts