NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
got this from the dsm boards.. so dont know much info about it except wat was posted.. thougth you guys would like to see it since the latest neon hype and doubts..

http://staff.tcu.edu/jaltschul/SRT-4vsWRX_vs_Talon.WMV
right click & save as..
(if i dont work anymore.. tough luck)

WRX is stock
Neon SRT4 is stock.. duh.. with some people in the car...
Talon TSi has MBC & Exhaust (catback or full turboback i dont know)

Camera car is the WRX..

watch out..

guess this guy doesnt know about break in period..

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
a friend of mine was telling me about this car and i thought it was still a neon

but damn that thing looks like its gonna be hella fast

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
if that engine can take 300hp of forced induction wonder from mopar, i think the overall durability isn't really under question, and it's a simple matter of maintenance

·
Registered
493 Posts
o know we say neon is an ugly car, but so is the Subaru...neon should be able to take more power since engine has bigger displacement...don't know about reliability cause never own a domestic...

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the vid is running choppy for you? its a pretty smooth high quality vid.. hella clear.. im only on a 800mhz athlon using win xp.. wit the latest crappy wmp 9..

but yea.. can't wait to start seeing some highly modded ones.. car has a lot of potential.. but sheesh maintenance and reliability has been a big excuse to bash the car.. its a brand new car.. and whatever history this car and their manfuctuarer had in the past.. maybe they worked all that out.. but only time will tell..

·
Registered
410 Posts
Whats the big deal?? My lude has walked Stock WRX's just like that. No big deal, now if the WRX wasnt stock then........

·
Registered
410 Posts
guess this guy doesnt know about break in period..
Just think how fast it will be after he gets it broke in.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Both the neon and stock WRXs (not the STi) are ugly IMO. So if I you were just performance minded, I think anyone would choose the Neon. That sucker (Neon) just took a walk in the park, even at least 3 (or 4?) people in the car. Damn that thing was fast.

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
Actually the neon had a MBC on it running 15psi which spiked to 16psi for a second.

The DSM had a MBC as well and no exhaust, it was stock other then the MBC.

Ive read this post on like 5 other forums already :) the DSM had 2 people in it including driver, the neon had 4 including one rather larger passenger.

the neon is no joke :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts