NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During troubleshooting last night, I discovered that while the harness plugged into the little switch behind the clutch pedal is plugged in, the other end (under the steering wheel, in the jungle of wires and un-used harnesses) is not plugged in to anything.

Because of this (i think), I can't start my car. Any idea where I should be looking to attach this to? Previous owner had a kill switch (that I thought wasn't plugged into anything as it was cut off at the battery), but apparently it was still operational, when I tore it out.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,635 Posts
It might depend on whether you have cruise control. Maybe this will help. C11 or C17

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No luck. Attempted to bypass the NSS by means of shorting it, but still no start. Took apart the steering wheel/column to make sure this kill switch wasn't wired into the ignition, but I can't see any remains of a DIY job on that (the rest of the wiring was pretty shoddy DIY, so I'm keeping my eyes out for anything else with similar craftsmanship).

At this point I'm at a loss, mostly because I'm not sure what I'm even looking at/looking for when I have my head under the dash.. going to try and take a look at another Celica's under dash to see what I can make of it between the two.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,635 Posts
It's a single wire, Black with White tracer. It goes from the switch to the #3 pin on connector IC1 (a 6 pin connector - Instrument Panel Wire and Instrument Panel No.2 Wire (Instrument Panel Reinforcement LH)). Then goes to connector IE4, pin #1 (14 pin connector - Engine Room Main Wire and Instrument Panel Wire (Instrument Panel Brace LH)). From there it goes to connector EA1 pin #4 that is jumpered to pin #14 (14 pin connector -Engine Wire and Engine Room Main Wire (Inside of Engine Room R/B No.1)).

Make sure that the 7.5A ST fuse in the underhood fusebox is OK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts