NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... My name's Sameer (can call me Sam), I'm 15, and live in Kansas City, Kansas (are there any others from KC?).

I don't even have a permit (lol, I should get one) and I turn 16 within 4 months. I just need to go get my permit and I'll get my license by next summer, which I'm fine with.

I'm looking forward to getting a fully loaded 6-speed GT-S and making it look nice... I was thinking of getting a Kaminari body kit, some 18's, dropping it 2", snag a catback, replace the rotors, and get a Injen CAI.

I don't know much, that's why I'm starting to learn about the Celica right now. I come from ToyotaNation, where I mostly researched about the Camry (brother's car). I am skilled in audio (expect my audio setup to be nice), somewhat skilled in custom exhausts (I know what to do), small performance upgrades (rotors, CAI, etc.), and a few visual upgrades (i.e. lights, maybe could install a body kit without a hitch but just about every one else could too).

A question I've had though. I want to end up painting my body kit by itself so I could save money, but is it easy to match the stock paint? Just a question... I got a good year though... :)

wtcnbrwndo4u (Sameer/Sam)

·
Banned
76 Posts
wtcnbrwndo4u said:
Hey guys... My name's Sameer (can call me Sam), I'm 15, and live in Kansas City, Kansas (are there any others from KC?).

I don't even have a permit (lol, I should get one) and I turn 16 within 4 months. I just need to go get my permit and I'll get my license by next summer, which I'm fine with.

I'm looking forward to getting a fully loaded 6-speed GT-S and making it look nice... I was thinking of getting a Kaminari body kit, some 18's, dropping it 2", snag a catback, replace the rotors, and get a Injen CAI.

I don't know much, that's why I'm starting to learn about the Celica right now. I come from ToyotaNation, where I mostly researched about the Camry (brother's car). I am skilled in audio (expect my audio setup to be nice), somewhat skilled in custom exhausts (I know what to do), small performance upgrades (rotors, CAI, etc.), and a few visual upgrades (i.e. lights, maybe could install a body kit without a hitch but just about every one else could too).

A question I've had though. I want to end up painting my body kit by itself so I could save money, but is it easy to match the stock paint? Just a question... I got a good year though... :)

15? :wtf: do you even know how to drive a manual?

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
ForceManCelica said:

do you have anything better to say for your first post?

oh and your damn sig is huge force. EDIT: you fixed it

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
A reputable paint shop should be able to accurately match your paint -- some places use a high definition camera, and take an isolated snap of sections of your car.

Other places also may want to paint a larger section (i.e., in repairing a door dent, will want to paint the door and nearby quarter panel) to make sure it blends properly.

Just remember that with autobody paint, you get what you pay for -- so take time to shop around for a place that can be trusted to do a good job :)

·
FTW
6,168 Posts
ForceManCelica said:
wtcnbrwndo4u said:

i learned to drive a manual when i was 9. at 15 i was driving myself to school. it's not hard.
welcome sam

·
Registered
135 Posts
Watsup...I understand where your coming from...i just turned 17 and i own a celica (and its a manual)....U can just do what i did....look for what you want in a celica, then try to find one that has most of what you want already put on it....Im sure your just like me and cant afford to buy a $1075 dollar cf hood(unless your rollin in dough)....so just buy a celica with the hood already on it :wiggle:
then you can start from there and change whatever you want.....but welcome to the celica-nation :headbang:

·
Registered
876 Posts
I guess Kansas hasn't changed too much. Back in (ohmygawd!) 1980 when I turned 14, I was allowed to get a permit in Kansas, which allowed me to drive to/from school and work (and I worked in a grocery store)... cruising the 4-block downtown stretch in my little home town, those were the days!

Def would be cool to start in a Celi, good luck!

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And I've already discovered the rims I want on my car... Just wish they were 18s, but that's ok. They're Enkei 5+'s. They're apparently non-existent on their site, but they're supposed to be an exclusive product at Discount Tire Direct.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts