NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody hear? I heard mid-Feb...anyone have the official word?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Here's a response I got from MVP Motorsports 2 weeks ago:

"Hi Sir,

Irran at AEM just confirmed the ETA is March 14th.

Thanks,

Dusty
www.MVPmotorsports.com
817-439-4888

So the new model should be out at that time. I'll keep you all updated when it reaches my crib.

·
Registered
514 Posts
So what's the difference with the current CAI? less bends?

·
Registered
198 Posts
The newer model will now fit the automatic Celicas. Someone on this board also proved the new model to give slightly better gains than the older version.

·
Registered
20 Posts
now there saying mid april. WTF! can someone please tell me how good the kn typhoon intake will be with the gt auto. i need torque but i have to decide between waiting for the aem or go with kn short ram(since pretty sure only short for gt). Thanks!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
here what i got from researchinq..it says dat da v2 delivers more torque and hp through da entire rpm range

"The AEM V2 Cold Air utilzes a dual chamber using two different diameters and lengths of piping to create multiple frequency sound waves that help charge the cylinders with air throughout the entire rpm range. AEM V2 is the most sophiscated power producing air induction system on the market"

hmm...i want my hands on one of those..this is mainly the reason i haven't purchased a cai just yet. =]

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sadly, you got it all wrong. This newer model is not a Version 2, but an updated version of the current model that was redesigned to fit the automatic Celicas. However, as I stated above, it does have slightly better gains than the older model. The reason for them not making a version 2 is because (from what I hear) our engine has too many bends for it.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Shishnatobobby said:
Sadly, you got it all wrong. This newer model is not a Version 2, but an updated version of the current model that was redesigned to fit the automatic Celicas. However, as I stated above, it does have slightly better gains than the older model. The reason for them not making a version 2 is because (from what I hear) our engine has too many bends for it.
Also a fix to the MAFS air hole because a lot of people complaining about the CEL.

·
Registered
134 Posts
So what does it do exaclty? I have seen the pictures on their website, it looks like there is a second pipe around it. Keep the air cool?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
damn, they're better hurry the hell up...been waiting too long. i'm going to call them tomorrow to find out exactly when they're going to be available.

you can also call them to find out by yourself, (310) 484-2322.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shishnatobobby said:

Thank you so much......they call it a "generation" 2..not a v2.

They were friggin originally saying 2nd week of feb back in the beginning of jan....

I absolutely cannot stand when companie's promise, promise, then push promised dates out.

I just need something to hold me over till I get Draper's kit....this dang CEL w/ my short ram is messing up my interior color scheme :thumbup:

·
Registered
198 Posts
THE_PRO said:
So...now instead of going for injen we should wait for new AEM?
It depends on your tastes. Injen gives plenty of high-end power while AEM gives plenty of low-end power without sacrificing much (if any?) torque. Personally, I'd like to keep my torque ;) and this new generation of AEM CAI will probly be close in performance in high-end with Injen while keeping its low end torque.

·
Registered
198 Posts
nate22 said:

Thank you so much......they call it a "generation" 2..not a v2.

They were friggin originally saying 2nd week of feb back in the beginning of jan....

I absolutely cannot stand when companie's promise, promise, then push promised dates out.

I just need something to hold me over till I get Draper's kit....this dang CEL w/ my short ram is messing up my interior color scheme :thumbup:
:thumbup: glad I could finally make myself useful around here for once ;)

I'll keep all of you updated when I get my 2nd gen which should be sometime around mid-late this month.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts