• VR6 20th Anniversary

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keep the celica

Votes: 13 37.1%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you're getting a new car, go all out and get the STi if anything. VW's are cool but something about them scares me away from buying one...maybe its because I hear stories of poor reliability? Next, besides the price, why get a WRX over an STi?! Evo's IMHO are ugly...they look smooshed or something, I never liked lancers:wtf:. I still say, however, you should keep your GT-S and enjoy it for the next 15 yrs or 200k miles:D

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Of the options you listed, I'd go with the STi eventhough I like EVO better. Here's my reasoning, this is the first year that the EVO has come to our shore. I'm hoping next year the EVO will be more raw and upgraded, provided that this year there has to be a good demand for the car. I know every year the EVO has changes but something tells me that if the demands are good this year, we will get something nice next year. Look at the STi, we have a bigger displacement motor than the one in Japan. I know it has to do with the motor displacement rules in rally. But it shows that the company is willing to give us something that our buyers will want. Subaru tested the market with the RS then the WRX and now the STi. I think Mitsubishi might be doing the same thing.

If you don't like the STi, keep the celica and wait for next year. I would never buy a car that is in its first year of production.

·
Registered
508 Posts
They are all ugly as sh!t, keep the Celica

·
Registered
152 Posts
dont buy a car the first year of production. year two is usually bug free and better with small incentives (value packages etc)

·
Registered
129 Posts
keep celica until second year evo comes out.

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
c.bacon said:
keep celica until second year evo comes out.
Thats my plan :thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.