NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my days of daily use on the celica are over, i just picked up an 08 civic si and must say once i got past the fact that its been a car i couldnt stand for the previous years (mainly the drivers always knew the cars were capable) its fun to drive, but the celi isnt going far, my wife is taking over so i will still be around as she is going to continue working on it, later in the month i will try and get some pics of the new ride up, but just to say thanks for all the help you have all givin,

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sedan needed the space and i wanna do the Candadian CSX conversion, cant do it with the coupe. and im going up to the mountains this weekend try to get some good pics there. There are a few pics from the night i bought the car at frizbe.photoshop.com, so as soon as i can post some up i will

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
sedan needed the space and i wanna do the Candadian CSX conversion, cant do it with the coupe. and im going up to the mountains this weekend try to get some good pics there. There are a few pics from the night i bought the car at frizbe.photoshop.com, so as soon as i can post some up i will
how much faster is it than the celica?

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
slower imo...i drove em at honda all summer

i beat an rsx-s so im sure a civic isn't to far behind though...maybe after a few mods it will quicker...thers like no room in those engine bays though :(

·
Registered
231 Posts
A CSX conversion, that'll be a first that I've heard from any si owner should be nice, good luck.

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
SI > celica for speed.

Good pick up btw.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well they're still nice cars man but they're starting to pop up everywhere. A buddy of mine picked one up a couple of years ago ( the 2 door ) and it was nice. The sedan's look just as sleek. They're only a couple hundred pounds heavier than the 2 door I believe.They're faster than Gt-S, even if it's not by too much, they have about 20 more hp and they're a little more heavier. The K20 is a beast man. I got a friend with a boosted one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl_w8W3B2j8 he went to all jap in miami ( some of you may be familiar with the place ) and spent about 9500 to get about (they say 400 hp to the crank, but you know how those florida dynos are :p ) anyways it's a sick car he's a got an sc61 precision kit and it's nice. The reason I say bullcrap is because I have a friend with a 240sx sr20 who is a dead even race, from a roll that is, and he's only putting down 270 to the ground http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L42KKTSWZk that's him racing a b20 boosted integra and he ate it's lunch.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the csx looks just like the JDM just has the line in the hood and front bumper like the rsx does and i dunno its a lot faster than my auto gt was and i needed more space so its perfect for me. still not a honda fan boy but the car definatley surprised me. i dont race so i just wanted something quick with a 4 door. Oh and i dunno if its faster than the GT-S never drove one.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
stock lsd is definatly a plus in helping it get some nice 60' times and for DD in the winter for those of us who need that as well.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Yea i took out an 08 si for a test drive. Nice car man, but I am not a fan of that interior. I hate the gauages. Looks like ****.

Heads up race rsx-s will beat a gts ever time. Stock vs Stock.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
there are a few things i dislike about it but like i said above i needed a bigger car and wanted somehthing faster than the auto gt i had, ill take looks of my celi over my civic, oh and another plus is the greddy turbo kit is half the price of the kits for the celi, puts just under 300 to the wheels , lol cant complain about that

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
I actually prefer the Type-R on the Sedan to the CSX

how much faster is it than the celica?
Stock its about the same as a GT-S
After Hondata you're looking at high 13 second quarter mile runs

got any pics of what a CSX civic looks like?

stock lsd is definatly a plus in helping it get some nice 60' times and for DD in the winter for those of us who need that as well.
I can attest that the 60' times of the Sedan are awesome with that LSD, but even better, it makes the handling great - appreciable advantage over other G-Stock and STX cars with open diffs.

there are a few things i dislike about it but like i said above i needed a bigger car and wanted somehthing faster than the auto gt i had, ill take looks of my celi over my civic, oh and another plus is the greddy turbo kit is half the price of the kits for the celi, puts just under 300 to the wheels , lol cant complain about that
GReddy products in general are a waste of money and their customer support is horrible - not to mention most SUPERCHARGER kits are making that kind of power (redshift, jackson etc) - properly turbocharged K20s easily make over 400 to the wheels (actually, even properly turbocharged B18s will make over 400 to the wheels).

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
very informative and yeah im going back and forth between the type r and the csx with a mugen lip, im keeping my options open and ill keep you posted on whats going on with it, first mod was an k&n drop in im sure it added at least 114hp to the wheels.... ok so seriously though, thanks all for all the help over the years and ill keep in touch.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
and just before i get yelled at by someone that didnt get it. the K&N thing was a joke. . . just to make sure.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Congrats and great choice :thumbup:

Marc and I are kinda in the same boat... my g/f recently purchased an 08 Habanero Red Sedan. Not only do I looooove the color, it's an awesome car. Gets nothing but praise from me.

I'm not going to jump into why it's an awesome car because I'm sure you know. But really, good choice and hang around so we can see pics once you have some mods on it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts