NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi! i recently switched my stock gauges to trd ones, and today for the first time i got a problem, i was going 50 and when i hit the brakes i saw that the needle wouldnt go anywhere, and few fractions of seconds later it went down to 30 but it was just a sudden drop not smooth like before, i was like wtf so i accelerate as fast as i could and i saw both needles doing this they did'nt accelerate at all, and fractions of secs later they just went up just how the hands in a clock work, they stop at one second wait for a bit, and move to the next, this was happening to me, if i was speeding up it would go to twenty wait and then just hit 30, and same thing braking, but after a while this just stop,what do you guys think???
thanks

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I assume you're refering to the center tach conversion, if so re check the foil that you cut on the circuit board. Also the feet from the metal things on the other side. On mine it would get stuck if the wires in the harness wern't placed properly..

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no they just the regular trd silver gauges, they are the same as stock but silver and say trd instead of x1000rpm but well i had to take the needles out and calibrate it, which was a pin but after like an hour i did it, and it was working fine until today that it started doing th clock thing...

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Then its probably a problem with the needle touching the face. Check the full movement of it and if it touches anywhere pull it up slighty

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have the same problem right now. I have russ's gauge face plate, had to take out the needles and recalibrate them. Didn't have a problem for the first 9 months, but now when i accelerate, sometimes it gets stuck at zero. I just tap the panel cover and usually that gets them where they need to be.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
The needle is dragging on the gauge face. When you put the needles back on, you don't need to push them down very hard. Just get them on there.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Jesse IL said:
The needle is dragging on the gauge face. When you put the needles back on, you don't need to push them down very hard. Just get them on there.
:werd:

Just apply enough force so that they don't pop out. Use your pinky.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts