NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys i just got a 2002 Celica GT-S I have been hearing a lot about this Lift thing and i also heard that toyota lowered the rev limiter for 2002+ models. So is this lift less effective in these models. Thanx

·
Registered
97 Posts
The rev limiter in the 2002 GT-S is lowered to 7800 making it pretty much impossible to land lift from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd but from 3rd to 4th Lift can be landed. Its not less effective it just slows the car down compared to the 00 and 01 GT-S.
2002 Rev Limiter :bang:

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Shifty said:
Hey Guys i just got a 2002 Celica GT-S I have been hearing a lot about this Lift thing and i also heard that toyota lowered the rev limiter for 2002+ models. So is this lift less effective in these models. Thanx
IMO, its not that big of a deal. Unless your a serious racer. Welcome!

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
AdamGT-S02 said:
The rev limiter in the 2002 GT-S is lowered to 7800 making it pretty much impossible to land lift from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd but from 3rd to 4th Lift can be landed. Its not less effective it just slows the car down compared to the 00 and 01 GT-S.
2002 Rev Limiter :bang:
Theoretically you can land lift on the 1-2 and 2-3, but your clutch won't be a happy camper either.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sucks. So are the 02s dramatically slower or just a lil bit? I gave the clutch on my eclipse hell and that didn't pay off at all. Thats why i moved to a Toyota, a much more reliable product IMO. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts