NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for an HID kit Headlights for my Gt 01 But i have no experience with HID's so im gonna need help with, any info about Brands, prices, websites, advices about what to take and what not will be appreciate ;)

Also I'm thinking about to get 3M carbon fiber sticker for my hood but first of all i would like to know how worth is it??

·
No Monica!!!
179 Posts
- Use the search available on the forum. Chances are that there's already a thread or post to answer most of your questions.
- Do not get HID bulbs and ballest in a non-HID OEM headlight housing, it is not meant for it and you will blind the fuck out of everyone.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Welcome to the forums and to the Celica/Toyota/TRD club. Come to ForumFest tomorrow if you guys can. It's in Kent from 10-5.

^Striker: I don't really recommend DDM tuning. They have some of the longest wait times if you wanted to RMA something. Followed their instructions and wasted 10 weeks and 4 bulbs to find that one of the ballast they sent me was defective.

You might want to try Mod Express here in the vendor section, but I suggest sticking with some halogens.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
- Use the search available on the forum. Chances are that there's already a thread or post to answer most of your questions.
- Do not get HID bulbs and ballest in a non-HID OEM headlight housing, it is not meant for it and you will blind the fuck out of everyone.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Welcome to the forums and to the Celica/Toyota/TRD club. Come to ForumFest tomorrow if you guys can. It's in Kent from 10-5.

^Striker: I don't really recommend DDM tuning. They have some of the longest wait times if you wanted to RMA something. Followed their instructions and wasted 10 weeks and 4 bulbs to find that one of the ballast they sent me was defective.

You might want to try Mod Express here in the vendor section, but I suggest sticking with some halogens.
uk what i dont want to blind anyone thats why im trying to get some suggestions first, idk if should i get 4500k 6000k 8000k 35W or 50w Ac or Dc but.... i really need an HID kit because with the ones that i have noe i cant seee :(
and Damm it Im gonna miss the forumfest cuz i have no lights on my celi now :(

·
No Monica!!!
179 Posts
I don't recommend getting aftermarket headlights as usually, their build material is crap such as the plastic yellowing or cracking quicker than a regular OEM one.

And if you're that keen on getting HIDs, I recommend 35w h7(lowbeam) 4000-5000k for white with a tint of blue.

You can run 55w but I wouldn't risk it without a HID wiring harness.

Here's the link to DDMTuning which I use, but be wary of their sluggish shipping and RMA. But they do have "better" quality products for their price range.

http://ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
with those headlights you bought off of ebay youll need H1 for high beam and H3 for low beam and there will be some modification needed to make the HID bulbs to fit.

55w HID kit will melt those housings
35w HID kit should be fine

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you guys for helping!! i think i will go better with fog lights and keep me away from HID's because i don't want my headlights get cracked or something!!
Yesterday i went to Federal way cuz i'm also looking for a new set of wheels and tires and i found some STR for $750 everything WHEELS + TIRES is it a good price???
Anyone knows a place here in Seattle where i can find this http://www.frsport.com/images/user_categories/roll.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts