NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive read that there is a break-in period for new HID kits and that it usually isnt as white withing the 1st 100 hours. I just bought an Osam Kit and installed it yesterday. Its the 4300k kit..which to my understanding that it should be pure white. The problem is that the light is white..with pink tint. Its very noticable and even when i had a friend drive it so i could look at it..it still looked pink. When i went against a white wall..the whole loghting area was light pink. Its this normal for 4300k kits during the break in time..i though i was just some areas that might have slight dis-coloration aside from pure white. The kit itsself even says 4300k. Pink head lights suck. Ill post pics as soon as i get to use my friends "special" camera..so that it would be close to the real color in the picture.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have heard of 4300K having a little yellow light during breakin but not pink. Sound like you got one of the higher K bulbs..

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so..is the problem with the bulbs (if its actually a higher k one) or is it the ballasts? Im going to contact the seller if its the bulb or ballsts. Is the temp based on which of the 2? is what im asking. I didnt know that pink was part of the hid family in colors. thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
who makes your ballasts/bulbs? i was reading on some HID site and saw this:

Recently, lamp manufacturers have introduced coloured metal halide lamps. This colouring is achieved by using a single element metal in the arc tube to produce emitted colours such as blue, green, pink and yellow. No colored phosphor or filter is used or required.

dont know if that has anything to do with yours, but i saw the word pink.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im going to call the seller and see what he can do for me..the bulbs were hella bulbs. The damn package clearly says 4300k. SO i might have be the manufacures fault. thanks..if anyone else find anything else please post..thx.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by evil eye
Try and get pics of your pink HID lights. I'm curious to see how they look. This is the first time I've heard of that before.
DAmn..i already took them out and getting ready to send it back for an exchange..i talked to guy and hes also puzzled. Hopefully the next set of bulbs will be the right ones. Well..imagine 4300k HIDS with pink tint in the bulb glass. Its white when upclose to a wall..then as you move farther away it turns very light pink. Its still bright as hell and i really do light up the whole freeway when driving. Im going to do next day delivery so i could get this over with..i waited to long to get HIDs.

No..im not color-blind..lol..i even had a friend drive in front of me to see how it would look..and YES is pinkish-white. It would look nice for a car show..and match with a pink car though.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the seller told me that the bulbs were made by hella and the ballasts were Osram.
Originally posted by pinoyracer
where u in fremont today??? in Mission??? I saw a silver celi 2" drop with HID. Just wonderin if that was u
Maybe i drive down mission when i go to work.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
hey, just read this. i use to have a 4300k kit, (hella ds2 bulbs/phillips ballast) and when the bulbs were new it was slightly pinkish. after about a month or so it would only be pink when the bulbs are cold, once they warm up in a minute theyd turn pure white.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by silv3r0ne
hey, just read this. i use to have a 4300k kit, (hella ds2 bulbs/phillips ballast) and when the bulbs were new it was slightly pinkish. after about a month or so it would only be pink when the bulbs are cold, once they warm up in a minute theyd turn pure white.
yeah i wish mine were like that..but this is really pink..it would be super white when the bulbs were clod..but as soon as its started to warm up it gose to its pink color..which only points out that the temp is higher than i want. I guess ill just wait till next week when i get the new bulbs.

Originally posted by
shrumdude

Pink lights sound cool. :cool:
lol i actually tried excepting that for the 1st day i drove it around because i didnt want to want any longer to fix the mishap.:chuckles:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.